1A #1 Beechwood at 2A #8 Somerset Predictions

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Somerset

For the second week in a row the 1A #1 Beechwood Tigers travel to face a top 10 ranked 2A team, #8 Somerset. Beechwood's new starting players got off to a good start with their 48-22 win over then 2A #7 Lloyd. Somerset by some accounts was less impressive in their win over 1A Williamsburg. What should we expect in this one? Who is the favorite here? Is the long bus ride for Beechwood a factor that will help Somerset?

I think Beechwood is the favorite coming into this game. Somerset stumbled out of the gate last week but unlike last year they were able to right the ship and play pretty well the last 3 quarters of the game.

Can not let Beechwood get up like that early and expect to have much of a chance to come back on them like they did Williamsburg. Beechwood is probably either the best team or at least one of the 2 toughest teams that Somerset will see this season. I'm looking forward to the game as a measure of where we are and what we need to clean up going forward.

I think you have to see Beechwood as at least a 3 TD's better in this one but I'm hoping I'm wrong. They would be a top 3 or 4 team in 2A this year. I'm hoping this one plays out similar to the Lloyd game against Beechwood. I'm looking for us to show some fight early and try to put the pressure on the Tigers but I think in the end they will have too many horses.

Beechwood 42

Somerset 21

Edited by Jumper_Dad