Netflix Series "Narcos" Starts Today

Clyde

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Through seven episodes of season one. I came in here to talk about the superb job Wagner Moura is doing of portraying Escobar. Looks like you all have already covered it. :D

Yeah, he pretty much kills it. The entire thing is done at a very high quality level, there is some excellent film making going on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season two. I know how I feel as a parent, his mother knowing what he really was but it's still her child, her little boy. His father was unapproving but I wonder if their relationship was ever all that great.

Overall very much enjoyed this. If this was just a show based on Pablo a Escobar, how do they have a show left? If Pablo was just used to start the series then I can't wait for season three.

• 11 months later...

'Narcos' Location Manager Shot and Killed in Mexico - Rolling Stone

A location manager who worked on Narcos and movies like Spectre was shot and killed earlier in the week while scouting an area in rural Mexico.

Carlos Muñoz Portal was found murdered Monday inside his vehicle, the Hollywood Reporter writes. Portal was scouting solo at the time of his murder, which occurred near the Temascalapa municipality.

The 37-year-old veteran location manager often worked with Hollywood productions that filmed in Mexico, including Fast & Furious, Apocalypto, Man on Fire, Sicario and its upcoming sequel Soldado.