Who are top returning players in the 9th region?

Heard the HC rumor too. Heard that awhile ago and think there will be others in the near future. Not sure how they are getting all the new kids, but to each their own. Wonder how the long time HC families feel about that? Kids playing for HC and then having someone from the outside coming in to take spots?

Doesn't matter how they feel.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot to why Holy Cross is getting players and it should be looked into in my opinion.

Why should it be looked into? No one looks into NDA getting every stud volleyball player. CCH baseball had a group come through a few years ago that had played youth ball together with a few studs not from the traditional parishes.

Success draws kids.

Why should it be looked into? No one looks into NDA getting every stud volleyball player. CCH baseball had a group come through a few years ago that had played youth ball together with a few studs not from the traditional parishes.

Success draws kids.

How about the you come play with us this summer and see how you like it. Also have heard that people aware of kids coming up through the parish teams did not recognize many if any of the kids that were participating this summer. This is not the first time that I have heard of this stuff going on. I guess the football bus from years ago has been repaired and put into use for a different sport. Title 9 issue I guess.

Success draws kids.

Success longevity draws kids. Not one time champions. ND is a large school with a history of successful volleyball programs. HC's Bball program had one really good year. That may draw a few, but not in comparison to ND volleyball. I don't think it's the success that is drawing the kids there, but that's just my opinion.

Did Dixie football get a lot of transfers this year?

I guess not! But I do know some long time HC families that aren't happy about it. Some may be happy, but some are not at all.

But again, to each their own. CAP knows the story.

This was alluded to in a thread earlier in the summer.

How about the you come play with us this summer and see how you like it. Also have heard that people aware of kids coming up through the parish teams did not recognize many if any of the kids that were participating this summer. This is not the first time that I have heard of this stuff going on. I guess the football bus from years ago has been repaired and put into use for a different sport. Title 9 issue I guess.

This is the one that was alluded to earlier in the summer. Not the other one I quoted.

RCC9, you are correct its not the success that is drawing them. I understand people have get to choose but its the reason their choosing and its not because they want to go to school there for academics, not saying their academics are bad they are very good, its what is offered to them.

A whole AAU team going to one school and 90% of them aren't from there, think about it. I get a transfer here and there but let's get real. RCC9 you know what I am talking about, not trying to call you out at all. I think they are treading that thin line but nothing will be said about.

I have friends at Holy Cross and by no means trashing the school they have a lot of great people there but what's going on with their sports (girls) program is a little shady in my opinion.

I know I am going to get bashed here shortly but I would do the same if it was another school I knew about.

Not sure that I would play HC if this is true. The public schools should treat them like Fayette County Schools did Lex Cath and not play.... Inviting middle school kids that attend another school system to play during the summer is pretty low class or maybe classless would better. I wonder what the coaches of the schools they attend think of this.