Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath

Featured Replies

Maybe if your boys weren't going to be "birds", I might. :lol2:

 

Umm...aren't your kids 1/2 Bluebird?! I thought so.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm...aren't your kids 1/2 Bluebird?! I thought so.

 

Blasphemy!!!

You forgot Newport...

 

1970 25,998 −13.5%

1980 21,587 −17.0%

1990 18,871 −12.6%

2000 17,048 −9.7%

2010 15,273 −10.4%

 

 

Now how is this fair, you first compare 1970 to 2010 and you only use Newport.

I have only been talking about the past five years.

Let me help you, and all readers on here and compare apples to apples.

First I included population between 2010 and 2014 from the cities of CCH feeder schools.

Lets let me do the same for NCC.

City population 2010 2014 gain (loss)

Newport 15273 - 15426 - 153

Bellevue 5955 - 5919 - (36)

Dayton 5338 - 5427 - 44

Fort Thomas 16325 - 16325 - 0 (accurate according to Wikipedia)

Southgate 3803 - 3849 - 46

 

Total gain 207

 

Population increased by .0045% over this time period.

NCC enrollment decreased by 19% over this same time period.

 

As a reminder the cities of CCH feeder schools population increased by .012% yet CCH enrollment increased by 15% over this SAME time period.

 

This is an exact apples to apples comparison using the exact same time period and the exact same reference, Wikipedia. Check it out for yourself.

 

The ball is back in your court….

Wikipedia used/stated as an accurate source and a basketball analogy... thread can be shut down now.

Oh my god! This is the lowest point in BGP history. It has to be.

Wikipedia used/stated as an accurate source and a basketball analogy... thread can be shut down now.

 

Quickest and easiest reference source. At least the same exact source was used for both schools, so if it's inaccurate for one, seems to reason it's inaccurate in the same direction for both.

 

And I thought it was a tennis analogy, but you may be right.

 

Lets at least give tschoen81 a chance to respond before shutting it down, I mean I want to be fair.

Sorry for holding up traffic but I had to see the wreck. . . . In order to be statistically accurate, you have to include median salary figures because the tuition factor is in play. . . .sorry everyone but had to chime in.

Or better yet, how many ND or CCH alumnus have crossed the great divide, known as the Licking River, and want to continue the family tradition. I don't know if Wiki has this data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52057[/ATTACH]

 

Is that a dead camel? I'm not sure it's wise to bring Campbell County H.S. into this debate.

Is that a dead camel? I'm not sure it's wise to bring Campbell County H.S. into this debate.

 

In honor of how this all got started.... I believe that is a dead thoroughbred.

We like to refer to the Boys Soccer Forum as the Jerry Springer Show of all the forums.

 

No. That would be the softball forum. :lol2:

  • Author
I bet if Coach McDonald was at CCH they would win regional championships. .... *poke the bear*

 

I don't think that is very true, or fair to say. Although I'd like to think it would be correct I highly doubt it. Jeremy is a fantastic coach and fits in perfect to the style of the players at Covington Catholic.

 

How about we delete this thread?

It's kinda silly

  • Author

Every Tim I post something you guys have to come on hear and give me a hard time. I was just stating that when the almighty school from fort Wright takes it on the chin they never give credit to the opponent.

 

As for McDonald winning with cov Cath that's hilarious...... He doesn't belong in the same paragraph as Jeremy, that's why he is an assistant and not a head coach now. Not to mention at a school that lost to Dixie and has never won anything.

Good luck next week when we meet on the field

I was just stating that when the almighty school from fort Wright takes it on the chin they never give credit to the opponent.

 

There you go...dragging St. Agnes into this. Or were you talking about Ft. Wright Elementary? :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.