Worst varsity fields in NKY

Boone, Conner, and Cooper all have decent looking grass fields as of now, but come mid September once the football teams have played on them, they will be back to their notorious mid season condition

Correct. I should have qualified that by saying they are fine now but in a month or so they won't be so good.

Correct. I should have qualified that by saying they are fine now but in a month or so they won't be so good.

yes, I wasn't meaning to correct you're earlier statement more of just insight from what I've seen. I do agree that Cooper's and Boone's will be some of the worst, let's just hope we won't see anything like that field from districts at Boone last year.

It is crazy how quickly a grass field can turn to disgusting mud/dirt bowl fields. If you saw Cooper's field right now you would be amazed at how good it looks. But, like mentioned before, by early September it will be destroyed.

You would think the Board of Education would be concerned about player's safety and do something about these fields. Every other county has made the switch. Look at Kenton County....they turfed their fields and built them indoor facilities.

COME ON B.C.B.O.E.!!!!

yes, I wasn't meaning to correct you're earlier statement more of just insight from what I've seen. I do agree that Cooper's and Boone's will be some of the worst, let's just hope we won't see anything like that field from districts at Boone last year.

Come on, who didn't enjoy watching that slip n slide fest at last year's district tournament? In the end, Cooper must have liked it because it contributed to the mishandle by Boone's Keeper.

With that acknowledgement, Brossart's field down at Pendery Park is the worst in the area. Between Cooper and Boone, Cooper's is worse because it starts out lumpy with tufts of grass growing in clumps around the field. It is rough to start the season. Boone's at least starts out decent but if it rains and there are several games in a few days, like during the district tournament last year, it turns a muddy mess.

Come to think of it, the field for Boone's game against NCC was a wreck for their match last year in the rain (it was down off of Mary Ingles Hwy). As i recall, it rained pretty hard during the JV game and then quit just before the varsity teams took the field. But the field was a mess and it seemed small, like the field at Pendery Park is small.

Cooner, Boone, and Cooper all have very rough practice fields as well. Boone Cty should look into how Kenton Cty handled SK, Dixie, and Scott's facilities.

Boone doesn't really have a practice field. The last several years they practiced at a middle school and made the outfield of a baseball field into a practice field.

Come to think of it, the field for Boone's game against NCC was a wreck for their match last year in the rain (it was down off of Mary Ingles Hwy). As i recall, it rained pretty hard during the JV game and then quit just before the varsity teams took the field. But the field was a mess and it seemed small, like the field at Pendery Park is small.

Sounds like you are talking about Morscher.