2015 Newport Central Catholic Awards Banquet

When there is a fence at a field and it is not hit over, it should not be counted as a HR in my opinion. Now if you are at a field without a fence for instance, Pendery Park my DD hit a complete Bomb to left center and when she can touch em all, you know it's hit a country mile!! :lol: Speed on the bases has never been her strong point.

I'd say much harder to hit an 'in the parker' than hit one out.

Rumor has it that a number of the HR's/grandslams were hit in a game versus Bellevue when NCC was on a hot hitting streak. I assume the game was played at NCC's home field? No matter who the opponent this is quite a accomplishment to have so many in one game no matter over the fence or not, as TAC points out, not easy to have the in the park HR's on a field with a fence.

There is no "inside the Parker" without a fence... DD hit one this summer into woods at Tealtown ...no fences about 260 feet... Ruling... Ground rule double... Now that was not a good day...

Reminds me of knothole days at the Bellevue vets. Steve Clark put one in the trees about 100 feet past the nearest outfielder. GRdouble.

Reminds me of knothole days at the Bellevue vets. Steve Clark put one in the trees about 100 feet past the nearest outfielder. GRdouble.

That's a name I haven't heard in a while, he lived on the street behind me growing up.

About 10 years ago we were out on the town, can't remember where, and Steve was "hitting on" Mrs. Lawnboy like a man on a mission. :lol2:

What about the Friday night softball league where they had their version of the Green Monster, long net that stretched from right field foul line to right center and about a gazillion feet high to protect the volleyball courts and their spectators. Although a "short porch", you only got a ground rule single for your "titanic blast", Always enjoyed watching folks scatter. :lol2: