July 28, 201511 yr He was still pretty active during the Andrew Wiggins recruitment, but then seemed to fall off the face of the earth. His last Twitter activity was a little over 2 years ago.
July 28, 201511 yr He was working in a bar or something I believe. That has probably been two years ago though
July 28, 201511 yr Haven't heard from ol' Frosty Tips in a couple years. Asked Cal if he had heard from him lately back in April and got a death stare... :idunno: :lol2:
July 28, 201511 yr He was working in a bar or something I believe. That has probably been two years ago though He owned a bar in I think BG around the time he went off the grid...
July 28, 201511 yr He owned a bar in I think BG around the time he went off the grid... I believe that is about the last time I heard from him.
July 28, 201511 yr So what happened? Did he lose his connection to the UK basketball program? If Matt Jones is to be believed, Maggard had a good relationship with an assistant coach on Billy Clyde's staff. When Cal came, he lost that source. Take that FWIW. Jones and Maggard never cared for each other, in large part because Jones allegedly stole recruiting info and then passed it off as his own work. Or that's at least how the story goes. Maggard always seemed to be knowledgeable enough, but he shot himself in the foot with a style that was not appealing.
July 28, 201511 yr If Matt Jones is to be believed, Maggard had a good relationship with an assistant coach on Billy Clyde's staff. When Cal came, he lost that source. Take that FWIW. Jones and Maggard never cared for each other, in large part because Jones allegedly stole recruiting info and then passed it off as his own work. Or that's at least how the story goes. Maggard always seemed to be knowledgeable enough, but he shot himself in the foot with a style that was not appealing. Maggard and Antigua were tight. He had plenty of info coming from Cal's staff until he vanished...
July 28, 201511 yr Maggard and Antigua were tight. He had plenty of info coming from Cal's staff until he vanished... Interesting. Do you know why Cal had that reaction to Maggard's name when you brought it up?
July 28, 201511 yr Interesting. Do you know why Cal had that reaction to Maggard's name when you brought it up? I have a few guesses, but I'm not getting in to it on here... :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.