Ben Weyer (Newport Central Catholic) recruiting

I am starting a new thread because the old thread title was misleading with the change of coaches at NKU.

Ben has an offer at Bellarmine.

Ben has taken unofficial visits to EKU, SC Upstate, and Furman.

Ben is receiving a lot of attention from some very impressive academic schools up east including Boston U.

Young man has options.

I am starting a new thread because the old thread title was misleading with the change of coaches at NKU.

Ben is receiving a lot of attention from some very impressive academic schools up east including Boston U.

Young man has options.

All of those locations have a lot of upside. I wouldn't mind being in Boston for 4 years.

Bezold had offered. Bezold removed as coach.

The athletic department recinded the offer.

New coach hired. No offer as of today.

I can only imagine the ups and downs of recruiting from a kid's standpoint. Excited to get a D1 offer only to have it pulled.

Hang in there, 44. You'll land on your feet and have some nice options.

He has been fun to watch the last 3 years. You could easily see as a frosh that he was going to be a top 9th region player. Just had to let his body develop. Great skill.

I'm looking forward to seeing him this summer as well as his senior season.

Young man has options.

I'm sure Jake Schulte would like having his former teammate joining him.

• 1 month later...

Lindenwood is in St. Louis. D1 Kennesaw State also liked Ben after seeing him this weekend and has interest. Ben is going to end up with a good list of schools that he will be picking from when it is all said and done.

Pikeville offered.

He would be a great fit for UPIKE. Coach Wells is losing a player just like Ben and Ben could step in a get time from day one. UPIKE has won a national championship and has been in the hunt ever since. I hope Ben takes a look at them and doesn't have D1 blinders on.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Twitter, Weyer did official visits to Lee and West Liberty over the last week. West Liberty also threw an offer his way after the visit. He had an unofficial visit at Lincoln Memorial University as well.

Bellarmine was 3rd last year in D2, West Liberty was 5th, and LMU was 6th. Some nice schools in there.