June 2, 201511 yr Hope he hasn't just ended his career by doing this. Some say Tom Selleck's career slowed down quite a bit when he spoke in favor of gun owners rights, I was too young to remember. Trying to think back what Charleton Heston's career did when he broke from the Hollywood philosophy.
June 2, 201511 yr Hope he hasn't just ended his career by doing this. Some say Tom Selleck's career slowed down quite a bit when he spoke in favor of gun owners rights, I was too young to remember. Trying to think back what Charleton Heston's career did when he broke from the Hollywood philosophy. Gained endorsement deals and got the NRA speaking gig....not a bad way to go out
June 2, 201511 yr Gained endorsement deals and got the NRA speaking gig....not a bad way to go out But anywhere near as lucrative as being a top dollar movie star? I assume not.
June 2, 201511 yr But anywhere near as lucrative as being a top dollar movie star? I assume not. By the time Heston was "president" of the NRA, his acting career was already going down hill due to his age. This wasn't the first time he broke from Hollywood anyway. Big supporter of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which probably wasn't a popular decision back then.
June 2, 201511 yr By the time Heston was "president" of the NRA, his acting career was already going down hill due to his age. This wasn't the first time he broke from Hollywood anyway. Big supporter of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which probably wasn't a popular decision back then. I know the Civil Rights Act was not popular in much of the country but I thought Hollywood embraced the Act pretty early? Not sure. Odd bit of trivia, Rev Fred Phelps the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church (the one that protests funerals) in the 60's, 70's and 80's was an incredible Civil Rights attorney winning several cases you would never believe his mom and pop law firm could possibly win. In the 80's he recognized several times by the NAACP for his work on Civil Rights. Then sometime around the late 80s and 90s he as we all know went absolutely insane and the NAACP and other civil rights groups ran from him like he had the plague justifiably so. Edited June 2, 201511 yr by Bert
June 2, 201511 yr He could have been Liam Neeson who is against guns but uses them in movies to make millions.
June 3, 201511 yr I read a headline saying Vaughn wanted to "Legalize All Drugs" as well. That cannot be right, right?
June 3, 201511 yr I read a headline saying Vaughn wanted to "Legalize All Drugs" as well. That cannot be right, right? He's a libertarian so I'm sure he's against the war on drugs.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.