Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region POY?

Featured Replies

Season is winding up

 

Who should be the 10th region player of the year?

A lot of people will give it to the pitcher from Bourbon County, but should a pitcher who sometimes is DH be the POY? I think an everyday player deserves POY and Harrison County Catcher Robbie Stroub would be one of the frontrunners.

I think a PO or partial PO should qualify for POY. Does the pitcher from Bourbon Co normally a guarantee winner if his team can score a couple of runs behind him? Is the catcher at Harrison almost impossible to run on? Does he normally have game winning hits? I don't think a POY should be based only on stats unless the stats are game changing stats. A player could be hitting .500 but his hits could mean nothing on the outcome of the game.

I read somewhere on here that the Brown kid was 11-0 last year and i believe 10-0 this year. I call that pretty good since you know has pitched every district game for the last two years.

Brown and Stroub are the best I've seen. To take a little off of what June said, when the game is on the line would you rather have Stroub at the plate or Brown on the mound? Both are good players and even better young men. Co-players maybe?

I heard on the radio today that Stroub was batting over .500 with runners in scoring position and over .430 with runners in scoring position and 2 outs. Not sure about his overall average but he has 50 rbis on the year and a cannon behind the plate...I think he should be the 10ths POY.

Campbell County's Brady Sansom, Avg: 428, 32 Runs. An even .500 Avg. and 16 Assists, 11 Putouts, 1 error at SS against the 10th region!

Campbell County's Brady Sansom, Avg: 428, 32 Runs. An even .500 Avg. and 16 Assists, 11 Putouts, 1 error at SS against the 10th region!

 

If it is anyone from Campbell County, it would be Kyle Becker.

Brown and Stroub are the best I've seen. To take a little off of what June said, when the game is on the line would you rather have Stroub at the plate or Brown on the mound? Both are good players and even better young men. Co-players maybe?

 

Has Brown and Stroub committed to play college baseball anywhere?

If it is anyone from Campbell County, it would be Kyle Becker.

 

Kyle has indeed been great on a great pitching staff. Beck's stats are very solid with a 3-2 record, 24 K's, 1 SV, and 2.53 ERA. Add Becker to the other three starters and you have an awesome staff.

 

Johnny Eblin 7-1 record, 30 K's, 1.95 ERA (3-0 against the 10th)

Josh Reynolds 5-1 record, 38 K's, 2.77 ERA

Has Brown and Stroub committed to play college baseball anywhere?

Brown has committed to WKU and Stroub is going to Cumberlands

Don't forget CC Camels starter Cameron Edwards who is 2-5 but has a 2.9 ERA with 30 K's only 10 BB and a 1.26 WHIP. With starts against all top teams with the exception of one,and no run support, he is the hard luck starter on the staff. Not a POY candidate, however a very good lefty

Best player and most important player to his team is Stroub. Brown is the best pitcher, but Stroub is the best all around player.

 

I would also mention Hackleford(sp?) from Brossart.

Best player and most important player to his team is Stroub. Brown is the best pitcher, but Stroub is the best all around player.

 

I would also mention Hackleford(sp?) from Brossart.

 

Spencer Hackworth I believe is his name. One hell of a ball player.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.