Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 2015

Featured Replies

What does Cooper need to do to improve in 2015? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Self-serving of me to start this thread? Possibly but I am eager to see what folks think of Cooper's upcoming season. Can copy the schedule from the other thread, but it's beefed up from last year due to move from 5A to 6A. Replacing Grant Co. and Scott with LexCath and Bryan Station, and taking on Highlands to kick off the season.

I think the #1 question will be about the QB position.

 

Cooper has the core of last years team returning so I don't think they will be overmatched and blown out of a lot of games against NKY 6A teams. The only one they struggle against is SK but the rest of the 6A NKY teams they have played and beaten recently so those games should all be competitive with Cooper not finding themselves on the losing end of blowouts.

 

Should be be a fun year. This team reminds me of the 2012 team. A lot of returning players who contributed and made up the majority of the starters the year before. If they can stay healthy they could really do great things this year.

I think the #1 question will be about the QB position.

 

Cooper has the core of last years team returning so I don't think they will be overmatched and blown out of a lot of games against NKY 6A teams. The only one they struggle against is SK but the rest of the 6A NKY teams they have played and beaten recently so those games should all be competitive with Cooper not finding themselves on the losing end of blowouts.

 

Should be be a fun year. This team reminds me of the 2012 team. A lot of returning players who contributed and made up the majority of the starters the year before. If they can stay healthy they could really do great things this year.

 

Do you think the big kid who played for the Cooper Jags youth team will get any playing time? He should be a Freshman this year. I can't think of his name but the kid is about 5'11 over 260 pounds he has a beard. I seen the kid play and he was unstoppable on the on the D-line.

  • Author

There was only one opening on the D-line that I know of....doesn't mean a big, athletic kid can't earn a spot. Cooper just isn't losing much to graduation. If the few boys who missed the season last year due to injury return and stay healthy, there are very few opportunities on either line and the defense overall.

 

QB is a question mark, but I'm confident Borchers will find the best option to put under center. TCA has nothing to prove after last year, but he has only gotten bigger, faster and stronger. May need one more solid set of hands out wide. Will miss the punter perhaps most of all from all the graduates. Defense will be our bread and butter again, IMO. Solid unit, play together well, need to avoid injury.

Do you think the big kid who played for the Cooper Jags youth team will get any playing time? He should be a Freshman this year. I can't think of his name but the kid is about 5'11 over 260 pounds he has a beard. I seen the kid play and he was unstoppable on the on the D-line.

I don't know. I saw him at a basketball game about a month ago. He sat in front of me and let me tell you he looked like a college player lol. He is absolutely huge!!! I can't wait to see what he can do on the field. If he is half as good as he looks he will be a beast in a few years. I will be honest, never seen him play and there have always been big kids who can't play a lick so I am

hoping he can play.

I don't know. I saw him at a basketball game about a month ago. He sat in front of me and let me tell you he looked like a college player lol. He is absolutely huge!!! I can't wait to see what he can do on the field. If he is half as good as he looks he will be a beast in a few years. I will be honest, never seen him play and there have always been big kids who can't play a lick so I am

hoping he can play.

 

 

I seen him play he is big, fast and strong. He played for Union Jags 8th grade team and I think he could have played varsity then nobody could block him then he took his helmet off and he had a beard. It could be Justin Earsing?

Edited by uk#1fan

I seen him play he is big, fast and strong. He played for Union Jags 8th grade team and I think he could have played varsity then nobody could block him then he took his helmet off and he had a beard. It could be Justin Earsing?

 

Justin Earsing is a teacher/coach for Cooper. Not sure he can suit up.

Justin Earsing is a teacher/coach for Cooper. Not sure he can suit up.

Plus this kid is only about 3 times

the size of coach Earsing lol.

  • Author

Not 100% sure he can grow facial hair on that baby face either!! LOL

I don't know. I saw him at a basketball game about a month ago. He sat in front of me and let me tell you he looked like a college player lol. He is absolutely huge!!! I can't wait to see what he can do on the field. If he is half as good as he looks he will be a beast in a few years. I will be honest, never seen him play and there have always been big kids who can't play a lick so I am

hoping he can play.

 

IMO,, I think you give him a year to adjust to high school ball. Even though he may be a big kid,, he would still be 14 years old. Going against other linemen that are years older and stronger would not help his development as a player long term. If Cooper does not have an immediate need to be filled,, let him get a little bigger and stronger. It will be like letting a player "red shirt" his first year in college.

Justin Earsing is a teacher/coach for Cooper. Not sure he can suit up.

 

There is a kid listed as a Freshman with that name.

There is a kid listed as a Freshman with that name.

 

On what site?

On what site?

 

Maxpreps.com

Is this someone other than the redhead? The redhead is about the size you listed and plays on both sides of the ball. RK is a beast. He matured early and has a wide body with strength. Played in BCPWFL. His first year was 4th grade and he did fine but hadn't figured out how big he was at that time. Moved up to the Junior division and played on the Broncos. At some point he figured it out and I've seen him launch several boys through the air while blocking them. My son's team scrimmaged them last year and RK is still a beast. Unfortunately, he will wind up at Cooper (unfortunate because I would love to see him at Boone).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.