2015 Masters - Who Ya Got?

mcpapa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spieth should send Tiger a thank you card. Jordan earned $1.8M for the win and Tiger only won $478k I believe back in 97'.

As should everybody getting a check on the tour. Love him or hate him, he's the reason the purses are what they are.

Just saw an article today that said caddies get $1300-$1800 per week plus 5/7/10 cut. 5% for made cut, 7% for top ten finish and 10% for a tournament win. Also said caddies for top players are making more than that. They estimate Spieth's caddy has made about $375,000 in the past 30 days!

As should everybody getting a check on the tour. Love him or hate him, he's the reason the purses are what they are.

I heard a TV golf expert say about 5 years ago that every tour player should give 10% of his earnings to Tiger for what he has done for the purses...

Just saw an article today that said caddies get $1300-$1800 per week plus 5/7/10 cut. 5% for made cut, 7% for top ten finish and 10% for a tournament win. Also said caddies for top players are making more than that. They estimate Spieth's caddy has made about $375,000 in the past 30 days!

Just read the article about what caddies make...looks like I was incorrect in what they make. I do find it amazing that a tour player would pay a caddy $500,000 to $1MM or more EVER. I know the caddy is important to a pro but that is a lot of jack to do the three things a caddy must do...show up, keep up and shut up:)!

• 4 months later...
Hard not to go chalk.

Bubba has won 2 of the last 3. Spieth is the hottest player on tour right now. I said at the beginning of the year that Jason Day would have a breakout year.

Thinking about going into the palm-reading business.