Conference realignment making the NCAA bubble worse.

HT721

I'm basically paraphrasing Andy Kennedy on this but yesterday he talked about how with teams like Butler and Xavier joint stronger conferences its left a lot of traditional "bid stealing" conference tournaments as tournaments that the eagle is only getting one bid. Before if Butler or VCU lost their tourney it was an automatic bid stealer winning now they are in multi bid conferences.

You mean realignment had a detrimental affect on Power 5 conferences?

Oh that can't happen.

Who let that happen?

Nobody thought about basketball when the Big East was being raided and destroyed? Nobody thought that might come back to bite them in basketball?

Oh, it's not football. Never mind.

I still maintain that the long term goal of the power 5 conferences is to eventually break away from the NCAA and form their own association. That way they keep ALL of the football playoff money AND all of the Basketball tournament money.

I still maintain that the long term goal of the power 5 conferences is to eventually break away from the NCAA and form their own association. That way they keep ALL of the football playoff money AND all of the Basketball tournament money.

I expect them to take a hit on basketball money if they do, the Cinderella stories are what make March Madness so fun.

Yep. People say they love cinderella, but it just isn't the case.

It's one of the biggest misconceptions in sports. People want to see the big, power schools, not the mid/small majors. Cinderella has never won, and likely never will. Sorry, but a lower seed from a major conference is not Cinderella in my eyes.

With no disrespect to fans of NKU you know that the big boys DO NOT like the influx of new D1? programs that are taking a piece of the pie. NKU, IUPUI, IPFW, the North and South Dakota schools Belmont and so forth. Throw in the other and and done conferences and that's a lot of money the big dogs are losing to the pea shooters.