Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC Tourney (Discussion)

Featured Replies

Looks like Texas A&M played themselves out of any chance to make the Big Dance with that loss to Auburn today.

 

Auburn back to back wins get them to the Quarter Finals (FWIW Bruce Pearl said he brought 5 shirts and ties but only 4 jackets, will have to recycle if they make the finals)

 

Vandy choked after leading Tennessee most of the game they fell behind at the end and then played it as badly as they possibly could have. Down two possessions with less than 50 seconds to go they didn't foul for ever :no:

 

Florida as expected beat Alabama today and moves on the meet Kentucky for the third time this season. (Will 3rd time be the charm for them against the Cats)

 

Every game so far has been settled by single digits.

 

 

PS according to the commercials,"I'm just a swingaway from being a better hitter" Bryce Harper wouldn't lie to me would he?

  • Author

KT Harrell put on a show for Auburn today...kid played his guts out and ended up with 25 I think.

SEC is looking more and more like a 3 or 4 bid league. :popcorn:

  • Author
SEC is looking more and more like a 3 or 4 bid league. :popcorn:

 

If there are no more upsets I think 5 get in; Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU and maybe Ole Miss. I think the first four are locks and Ole Miss still has a shot, especially with T A&M going out today.

If there are no more upsets I think 5 get in; Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU and maybe Ole Miss. I think the first four are locks and Ole Miss still has a shot, especially with T A&M going out today.

 

They may get 5, but they look like a 3 or 4 bid league:popcorn:

The end of the S. Carolina/Ole Miss game was a festival of awfulness. Lots of poor decisions all around.

  • Author

 

They may get 5, but they look like a 3 or 4 bid league:popcorn:

 

You've said that twice now...care to expound on it?

  • Author
The end of the S. Carolina/Ole Miss game was a festival of awfulness. Lots of poor decisions all around.

 

Yes it was crazy

I want to stay unbeaten of course but the Cats will be the overall #1 seed regardless. I want for this team to come out of Nashville with No Injuries.

I believe that the Cats will win the tourney, be 34-0 and looking for 6 more.

 

I know that he probably will be but I hope that D. Shows :sour: isn't calling any of the U.K. games

You've said that twice now...care to expound on it?

 

Georgia is 0-5 vs top 50, 7-5 in last 12, lost at home vs Auburn, lost to South Carolina (2ce), Best win vs Ole Miss (they are supposed to be a lock). I know they have had injuries (apparently that is their key). LSU might as well be LSwho is 3-2 vs top 50,7-5 in last 12, Home losses to Auburn and Tenn, as well as losses to Miss St and Missouri (6 home losses overall), now apparently a 7 seed (they do look better than Ga kinda) Ole Miss 3-7 vs top 50, 7-5 last 12 and 1-4 in last 5, played out of their minds at Rupp I guess gives them a bid, A&M 2-5 vs top 50, 7-5 in last 12, 1-4 in last 5 and limping badly, played UK tough I guess gives them credibility, Lost to a bad Auburn team in tourney. A%M and Ole Miss are floundering when they need it most. The only teams other than UK and Arkansas that really are possibilities are LSU and Ga with Georgia having not beaten anyone truly and LSU wondering who is going to show up.

  • Author

Looking at RPI which kinda takes all of that into consideration

 

SEC had 6 teams in top 60 RPI

ACC had 6

Big 10 had 7

PAC had 5

Big 12 had 7

Big East had 6

 

Not saying anything except that I think after watching these teams the SEC is a little better than some may think.

Looking at RPI which kinda takes all of that into consideration

 

SEC had 6 teams in top 60 RPI

ACC had 6

Big 10 had 7

PAC had 5

Big 12 had 7

Big East had 6

 

Not saying anything except that I think after watching these teams the SEC is a little better than some may think.

 

SEC is better than nationally perceived, but that's not saying a lot. Ole Miss crapped the bed yesterday and that hurt.

 

I think Kentucky (duh), Georgia, LSU, and Arkansas are all quality teams. I think Arkansas is a little overrated if you are looking at the # by their name and counting on them beating a team rated higher, but I think they're still NCAA tournament quality. Past that, I don't really know. Hard to say Ole Miss after last night, but maybe the bad taste is just lingering too long.

  • Author
SEC is better than nationally perceived, but that's not saying a lot. Ole Miss crapped the bed yesterday and that hurt.

 

I think Kentucky (duh), Georgia, LSU, and Arkansas are all quality teams. I think Arkansas is a little overrated if you are looking at the # by their name and counting on them beating a team rated higher, but I think they're still NCAA tournament quality. Past that, I don't really know. Hard to say Ole Miss after last night, but maybe the bad taste is just lingering too long.

 

Ole Miss and A&M both did...if they both win and make quarter finals I think they get in...now probably not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.