Hopkinsville 59 Henderson County 54 (2nd Region Semifinals)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rankings were biased some. Just look back at the thread when Henderson went to Lexington and left the ranks of the unknown from western Kentucky to top 10. Personally I think both of them were deserving of being in the top 10. Hayworth does a very good job with who he gets to coach each year. There are 3 schools in Christian County and those 3 schools have won the second region since 2001. One of those schools will deserve to be in the top 10 next year. I will tell you which one sometime in October. I hope the Tigers represent the second region well this year.

LOL. You'll know before October. You'll know in August. Considering Haworth coached the "Christian county all stars" this year I find it shocking that there was ever a discussion of them not winning the region. The seemingly "wild west" situation in Christian county with regards to "transfers" is troubling. Ledonald gray was ruled ineligible twice until he/hoptown had a lawyer threaten to sue the KHSAA. Ledonald Gray is WHY Hoptown is in the sweet 16. he was the difference against Henderson and Webster.

I think all district 8 teams will have very good teams next year.

Hoptown loses Gray and Matlock, but Akoila will finally be eligible and Johnson/Cager will be much more experienced and Henangan will be there the full season. Ware will be back as well, so 3 starters back and a 6' 10" edition. Very strong team to take the 2nd region again.

UHA however will have arguably the top Junior in the state in Tray Hollowell along with Sebree and Acree. There may be a transfer or two coming in, but rumors for now. UHA has the talent at 3 positions, they will need someone to step up to match up with Hoptown's guard play.

CCHS had a good team this year and they do not lose anyone to graduation. Edwards is a tremendous talent who can really carry this team, however they also need someone to step up when they play better teams. I don't know if they have any transfers coming in or not.

LOL. You'll know before October. You'll know in August. Considering Haworth coached the "Christian county all stars" this year I find it shocking that there was ever a discussion of them not winning the region. The seemingly "wild west" situation in Christian county with regards to "transfers" is troubling. Ledonald gray was ruled ineligible twice until he/hoptown had a lawyer threaten to sue the KHSAA. Ledonald Gray is WHY Hoptown is in the sweet 16. he was the difference against Henderson and Webster.

Yep-and Silo-the two players you mentioned will more than likely be "elsewhere" next year. I'm just not sure where?

Yep-and Silo-the two players you mentioned will more than likely be "elsewhere" next year. I'm just not sure where?

No doubt that hoptown hopes sebree and hollowell will "transfer".

I think that is very unlikely. not impossible but I'd say very unlikely.

No hater here, I picked the Tigers to win the region early in several different posts. Heyworth is one of the best coaches in the state, not only the 2nd region and Matlock a very good player. I notice little things about coaches that many feel are silly. For instance, Heyworth fist bumped the Henderson players last night as they were introduced. When the Tiger players were introduced, not Smithhart or any of the upteen Hendo coaches recognized the Tiger players as they were introduced. All of the Tiger players had a funny look when no one was there to fist bump, no respect. Might be silly to some but not to me or I would suspect the Tiger players.

Smithhart is classless. He can have his 2 little regional coach of the year awards sitting right there at home with him and his team this week. Theres just something flawed with the system but hey attitude is reflected by leadership. This guy ran away from/ or was run out of Christian County and hasn't done nothing special in Hendo. 27-4 its that impressive without a trip to #theRupp .

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 13