Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Political Cartoon

Featured Replies

Truth does hurt sometimes.

If only we were the kind of country that believed in treating every human life with dignity instead of thinking of people as either political tools or walking Tax ID numbers.

 

There never was much hope of that... only a fool's hope.

  • Author
If only we were the kind of country that believed in treating every human life with dignity instead of thinking of people as either political tools or walking Tax ID numbers.

 

There never was much hope of that... only a fool's hope.

I don't disagree with what you say, but I do think the cartoon does make a very valid point about how our politicians (as well as citizens) are hypocritical on things like caring about children, be it illegal alien, unborn or other.
  • Author
Truth does hurt sometimes.
I was expecting some debate on the cartoon from some but haven't seen any yet. Maybe they agree with you.
I was expecting some debate on the cartoon from some but haven't seen any yet. Maybe they agree with you.

 

Even people who favor abortion rights and will jump through any philosophical hoops necessary to defend those rights don't particularly enjoy defending them. It's a barbaric and horrifying practice and everyone, everywhere, somewhere deep down in the deep recesses of their hearts... knows it to be true.

  • Author
Even people who favor abortion rights and will jump through any philosophical hoops necessary to defend those rights don't particularly enjoy defending them. It's a barbaric and horrifying practice and everyone, everywhere, somewhere deep down in the deep recesses of their hearts... knows it to be true.
I would hope that to be true, but some of the stuff I've heard from people (not specifically from this board) makes me think otherwise.
Even people who favor abortion rights and will jump through any philosophical hoops necessary to defend those rights don't particularly enjoy defending them. It's a barbaric and horrifying practice and everyone, everywhere, somewhere deep down in the deep recesses of their hearts... knows it to be true.

 

100% against the practice and can't imagine going through with it.

 

However, as I've consistently said, I don't see sending a woman to prison for having it done.

I never take into account a candidate's position on abortion when deciding to vote because of what Clyde just said. I absolutely abhor abortion and could never be involved in one myself. But if a 16 year old girl gets pregnant and decides to have one, I am not going to think of her as a bad person the rest of her life. The exception is the late term abortion crowd...cannot vote for them.

  • Author
I never take into account a candidate's position on abortion when deciding to vote because of what Clyde just said. I absolutely abhor abortion and could never be involved in one myself. But if a 16 year old girl gets pregnant and decides to have one, I am not going to think of her as a bad person the rest of her life. The exception is the late term abortion crowd...cannot vote for them.
I don't think anyone is really talking about the 16 year old girl that makes that decision here. It's the "it's a woman's body to do as she chooses" crowd and those that perform the abortions and those that support it politically in that fashion. Those that, as the cartoon addresses, speak of the innocence of illegal alien children (which I agree with) but not the innocence of the unborn child.
100% against the practice and can't imagine going through with it.

 

However, as I've consistently said, I don't see sending a woman to prison for having it done.

 

You don't need to convince me that imprisoning more people isn't the answer to any of our problems as a society. Squarely in that corner already.

  • Author
You don't need to convince me that imprisoning more people isn't the answer to any of our problems as a society. Squarely in that corner already.
I don't know who in this thread is calling for that. Seems like deflection to me.
I don't know who in this thread is calling for that. Seems like deflection to me.

 

Simply responding to someone quoting my words. Not concerned about whether or not there's a straw man argument at work.

  • Author
Simply responding to someone quoting my words. Not concerned about whether or not there's a straw man argument at work.
I know you were, but I see the 'imprisoning women that get abortions' point as just that, a straw man argument.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.