Looking at NKU's roster for 2015-2016

nkufan23

NKU's 2014-2015 season likely came to a close last night. It was a good building block season for the Norse who seem to be making strides and have a very nice squad coming back.

NKU should have a nice roster next year. Billups, Giesler, Persons, Johnson, White, Murray and Monaco all return. I expect Bryant the big man who transferred in from Chatanooga to maybe play a bigger role next year. Daniel Camps returns as well, probably NKU's best athlete. Jordan Garnett just a freshman this year didn't see much playing time but has lots of potential. Deontae Cole also returns. They return 4 of their top 5 scorers this year, Chad Jackson will be the only significant loss. Additionally I really like their recruiting class they have coming in with McDonald, Gillis and Tyler. McDonald is 6'7", Gillis is 6'6" and Tyler is 6'4". McDonald will be a nice big man that can rebound and should continue to develop, Gillis is a pretty gifted athlete with a smooth lefty stroke and Tyler can just flat out score the ball. Gillis was getting serious interest from Michigan and Butler at one point but stopped growing. NKU will have very nice guards and much more big man depth than years past although they will still be undersized with no big man over 6'7". They will struggle with bigger teams, Lipscomb had 2 guys that went over 6'10" and they gave NKU fits at times last night. I do expect NKU to compete for the conference crown.

After looking at their roster next year the Norse will only have one contributer under 6'3" and that's Todd Johnson who can flat out ball regardless of size. Nice all around team size without a true center, still a very nice collection of D-1 talent.

I'm looking forward to following the Norse and Hagen Tyler throughout his college career. I hope I can make it to some games in person once Hagen hits the court for them.

Make sure you let some of us NKY folks know when you're heading to a game throughout his career.

NKU's 2014-2015 season likely came to a close last night. It was a good building block season for the Norse who seem to be making strides and have a very nice squad coming back.

NKU should have a nice roster next year. Billups, Giesler, Persons, Johnson, White, Murray and Monaco all return. I expect Bryant the big man who transferred in from Chatanooga to maybe play a bigger role next year. Daniel Camps returns as well, probably NKU's best athlete. Jordan Garnett just a freshman this year didn't see much playing time but has lots of potential. Deontae Cole also returns. They return 4 of their top 5 scorers this year, Chad Jackson will be the only significant loss. Additionally I really like their recruiting class they have coming in with McDonald, Gillis and Tyler. McDonald is 6'7", Gillis is 6'6" and Tyler is 6'4". McDonald will be a nice big man that can rebound and should continue to develop, Gillis is a pretty gifted athlete with a smooth lefty stroke and Tyler can just flat out score the ball. Gillis was getting serious interest from Michigan and Butler at one point but stopped growing. NKU will have very nice guards and much more big man depth than years past although they will still be undersized with no big man over 6'7". They will struggle with bigger teams, Lipscomb had 2 guys that went over 6'10" and they gave NKU fits at times last night. I do expect NKU to compete for the conference crown.

After looking at their roster next year the Norse will only have one contributer under 6'3" and that's Todd Johnson who can flat out ball regardless of size. Nice all around team size without a true center, still a very nice collection of D-1 talent.

Looks like Bez has put together a very nice roster in 3 years so not sure why everyone thinks NKU needs a new coach. Maybe give a Bez a few years with a chance to go to the NCAA tournament and then re-evaluate.

Looks like Bez has put together a very nice roster in 3 years so not sure why everyone thinks NKU needs a new coach. Maybe give a Bez a few years with a chance to go to the NCAA tournament and then re-evaluate.

I tend to agree. I'd love to see him get at least one more year and see what he can do with the talent they have coming back. While I think it would be great to hire someone with a higher profile and D-1 experience, I think Bezold has earned at least another season. If it weren't for the progress they've shown this season along with the talent he has coming back I wouldn't feel this way. However if they feel like they can attract someone such as the Xavier assistant coach, it would be hard to pass up on that opportunity.