Anderson County 50 Trimble County 49

Well called; just watched much of the 4th quarter. How blatant was the foul on the 3 at the end? They gave kid benefit of "going for the ball" on the tackle but not on the 3. Couldn't tell on my laptop how hard she got hit; i.e., officials in front didn't raise their hands. Feel bad for the Trimble girl who missed the two throws and the one who did foul. Congrats Anderson Co.; that's what programs with tradition do.

What dreams are made of.

... and nightmares! It had to be a sleepless night for many Trimble fans. Absolutely brutal heartache for them. The game exemplified fully the old Wide World of Sports opening line: "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!"

Congratulations to Trimble County on a great winning season, winning their district and getting to regionals. They made their community proud for sure. I was so impressed with crowd/mob of raider fans in attendance. Their side was packed full. When Clifford hit their first bucket, I thought the roof was coming off. I love the small schools because of the community support they get. Honestly, I think it's one thing many big schools seem to miss. Hopefully the pain of the loss wears off and they can be proud of what they accomplished.

Congratulations to Trimble County on a great winning season, winning their district and getting to regionals. They made their community proud for sure. I was so impressed with crowd/mob of raider fans in attendance. Their side was packed full. When Clifford hit their first bucket, I thought the roof was coming off. I love the small schools because of the community support they get. Honestly, I think it's one thing many big schools seem to miss. Hopefully the pain of the loss wears off and they can be proud of what they accomplished.

Well said! It was an extremely impressive crowd they brought to cheer them on. It took the game and atmosphere to another level. Trimble County had a fantastic season and we will be hearing a lot more from them in the next couple years. Congrats!

First off, congratulations to Anderson County. The Lady Bearcats dug deep in those final 3 minutes. You have to give coach Clay Birdwhistle's team a ton of credit for believing in themselves when the game seemed lost!

To Trimble County and the blue-and-gold faithful: What a great run. Trimble came in with a good game plan and played with a chip on their shoulder. It would have been a great night to rob a bank in Bedford - what a great Trimble crowd! I was broadcasting on the Trimble side, and the fans were really into it. It was such a tough game for the Lady Raiders to lose; I truly felt for Kerrie Stewart's team.

Looking back, it appeared that the short bench ultimately hurt Trimble more than anything. Trimble's shooting percentage went down throughout the game and the turnovers increased - often evidence of fatigue. And Anderson kept the fresh legs coming off the bench.

Crazy sequence of plays there late. In the end, credit Currens, who had struggled a bit at the line during the game. Big time player hitting big time free throws.

Congrats to the Lady Cats - they are one game away from defending their crown.

Kudos to the Lady Raiders - you have to think Trimble - a very young team, whose two primary stars are both SOPHOMORES - will be better and deeper next year. They will almost certainly go into the 2015-16 season as district favorite, and they will certainly use this loss as next year's rallying cry.

Thanks to both teams for making the first game of this year's regional tournament one to remember!

CM

On a related note, it was truly a pleasure to get to meet Trimble County star basketball player Michael Dunaway, who took the time to stop by the Pegasus table and speak with me and Tom. I hate that we had just gone on the air - I barely had the opportunity to shake his hand - but it was a great gesture on his part and I was truly pleased to meet this young man.