Lexington Catholic 55 Dunbar 51

As a friend and I were discussing this morning, Catholic just knows how to win. They don't get sped up and make bad decisions even if they're trailing late. They don't force a bunch of bad shots and no one tries to be the hero.

This is very, very true. LexCath is definitely a well coached and disciplined bunch. They could have scored in the 70 's or 80's but that pace would have favored PLD more. The Knights did an excellent job of being patient on offense and letting Williams/Hollingsworth take tough, contested jumpers. I did think Dunbar played better defense last night than I'd seen all year from them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic kids typically have played together since elementary school. They know the system like the back of their hand, they know, trust and believe in each other. They are not my team but I have to give them credit because year in and year out they earn it.

True statement and correct me if I am wrong. The reason those teams you mentioned don't dominate like they should is because they are not discipline players to play a system. They are more a " Me, Me, Me " type players. You look at Lex Catholic, Lafayette, they don't have the GREAT athletes, but they have enough players that buys into the program/ system and they make it work. Which shows when they advance on to the regional and who goes further in the tournament.

What about Bryan Station this year? They seem to be the best in the 11th.

What about Bryan Station this year? They seem to be the best in the 11th.

What about them? I am speaking for the 43rd district here. Station is in the 42nd. And as far as who is the best in the 11th region, a handful of programs can claim that... ie Scott Co, Lex Catholic, Lex Christians, Lafayette, Henry Clay so Station is not or seems to be the best.