Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 46 Notre Dame 38

Featured Replies

Final from Latonia. A LOT of bad calls both ways in this one, but the Indians sneak away with a win and lock up the #1 seed in the 35th District.

Indeed, HC up 2 with 26 seconds to go and NDA had the ball. Great block, picture later.

Indeed, HC up 2 with 26 seconds to go and NDA had the ball. Great block, picture later.

 

Took my 5th grader girl to a very hard fought game. NDA short handed deserve to win this game. Outplayed HC. IMO. Bad call against Nda 40 on a made Nda throw Was her 5th and she was controlling the game Looked to me and I was very close to it that 12 of Nda had a clean steal at end of game down 2 I think.

 

What I didn't understand and would like someone to tell me. Turner looked like she threw a punch at the Nda player. I don't think it landed but she surely looked like she tried but then she pushed the ref it looked like at least. Again I couldn't see clearly but I would like to know what happened and if she did throw a swing or touch a ref what is the rule ?

Not a punch but a push with something along the lines of "Get off". NDA thought she should have been called for a "T" but she wasn't. The call was NDA #15 with a foul. Her fifth for the night.

Not a punch but a push with something along the lines of "Get off". NDA thought she should have been called for a "T" but she wasn't. The call was NDA #15 with a foul. Her fifth for the night.

 

Fair enough as I said it was hard to see besides turners arms fly at 15. Looked more than a push but I will take your word as you seem to have seen it better than me. I did see her push the ref away. I Would like to see a video of the last 2 mins. Wow !

I am agreeing with you but being polite. I didn't see the exchange with #15 but I did see her exchange with the ref.

Fair enough as I said it was hard to see besides turners arms fly at 15. Looked more than a push but I will take your word as you seem to have seen it better than me. I did see her push the ref away. I Would like to see a video of the last 2 mins. Wow !

 

So, if she pushed the ref, wonder why she wasn't ejected?

Come on now if she threw a punch or pushed a ref trust they would have thrown her out. They had no problem calling anything on her all night. Enough said. What about the players pushing her down a girl clearly made no play on the ball and hit her in the face on an and one but haters will always hate and she continues to rise above it all.

Wow wow wow what a game! First off why does NDA deserve to win this game and not HC? Both teams left it all on the floor! Second turner was found very hard by a what looked like Nike Tyson right hook from number 15 which got turner fired up! Then 15 is called for another foul and continues to grab at Turner after the whistle so Turner does what any player would do and that's break yourself free. No punch was thrown so that argument is out the door I was on the benches side of the court at that end of the floor and had probably as good of an angle as the referees did sorry haters! Third as for her "pushing" the ref? She didn't push him she had an official in her face immediately after breaking free of 15 telling her to just walk away as she turns before she can even take a complete step the next official is right there and out of a simple reaction she says get off me not realizing it was an official! Once again Holy Cross gets a good win and here comes the she should have been kicked out or should have lost the game or it's not a good wins! The run HC has had this past month an half and then some is an incredible run to be on and need to be recognized for there accomplishments past present and future!

 

Great win for the Indians tonight. As for NDA I personally under estimated them after what thy had lost from last year but they impressed me tonight going to be a tough out in the district tournament! Good luck to the Pandas!

Took my 5th grader girl to a very hard fought game. NDA short handed deserve to win this game. Outplayed HC. IMO. Bad call against Nda 40 on a made Nda throw Was her 5th and she was controlling the game Looked to me and I was very close to it that 12 of Nda had a clean steal at end of game down 2 I think.

 

What I didn't understand and would like someone to tell me. Turner looked like she threw a punch at the Nda player. I don't think it landed but she surely looked like she tried but then she pushed the ref it looked like at least. Again I couldn't see clearly but I would like to know what happened and if she did throw a swing or touch a ref what is the rule ?

No it was not a punch thrown the girls arms were tangled and Deja Turner fought to get away. Was a little forceful, very dramatic. Contact with the ref was inadvertentl. Hard fought by both teams.

First of all I would like to congratulate the Holy Cross Indians on their win tonight. Second of all congratulations to their seniors and as for the coach he is a real class act. He is so worried about the win that he couldn't even start his 4 seniors. He left one out. Its their night for heaven's sake give her her time.even as someone offered to give up their starting spot for the night. Thats ok. A coach is only as good as his players and if people knew how he talks to his players people would be very dissapointed in this " championship" coach. You don't blame your Jv for what the varsity does when they didn't even come off the bench. You dont blame other players for someone elses mistakes. Why don't you backup the words you say at the beginning of the season we can go 10-11 deep but you don't. 7-8 maybe? Give credit were credit is due. Always giving the same one the praise, like Abby she deserved the recognition in the all A tournament she busted her behind.

Wow unbelievable. Come on coach wake up and see what you really have on the team and use them.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 8

HC has had a tremendous month. Not sure this is the time of year to air out your laundry for this team or coach. Maybe not a good scheduling move to have ND and a huge district seeding game for your senior night. I agree with you that I have typically seen a coach start his seniors on senior night, that is a nice and rewarding gesture for your seniors...

This was a seed game, correct?

 

If so I've got NO issue with Kes starting his normal/best 5. He's playing for the #1 seed. The girl got her PROPER recognition in pre-game ceremonies, right?

 

Language: There's obviously a line and my line is farther than most. Cursing in and of itself just doesn't bother me. There ARE certain words you just can't say, though.

 

I agree with Daddy - airing one's grievances as a parent does no good for anyone.

This was a seed game, correct?

 

If so I've got NO issue with Kes starting his normal/best 5. He's playing for the #1 seed. The girl got her PROPER recognition in pre-game ceremonies, right?

 

Language: There's obviously a line and my line is farther than most. Cursing in and of itself just doesn't bother me. There ARE certain words you just can't say, though.

 

I agree with Daddy - airing one's grievances as a parent does no good for anyone.

 

 

 

The one who didn't start. How many points did she end up with.

The one who didn't start. How many points did she end up with.

 

No clue. Wasn't there and have no clue who didn't start.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.