Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County 51 Grant County 46

Featured Replies

Gallatin improves to 16-7 with the home victory.

 

Congratulations. They have a nice team. Too bad the refs (cornbread and Alexander) especially the latter had to ruin the game.

Gallatin 51, Grant County 46

 

Grant County - Cummings 0 2 2, Wright 3 0 8, Allan 1 0 2, Harmeyer 3 2 9, Evans 3 0 7, Reubusch 4 8 16,

McCoy 1 0 2, Kearns 3 0 7. Totals: 15 12 46.

 

Gallatin (16-6) - Dossett 5 7 17, Bowen 3 7 15, Wesley 5 0 11, Terrell 2 0 4, Sullivan 1 0 2, Beatty 1 0 2.

Totals: 17 14 51.

 

Halftime: Gallatin 27-22. 3-pointers: GC 4 (Wright 2, Harmeyer, Kearns); G 3 (Bowen 2, Wesley).

 

B

Congratulations. They have a nice team. Too bad the refs (cornbread and Alexander) especially the latter had to ruin the game.

 

That has become a regular thing for the 8th Region. IMO some of the worst officials in the state. No consistancy to games at all. I don't care if you are bad but be bad both ways and the whole game! Some of the guys need to hang the whistle up. I understand that they probably love the game but they are doing it more harm than good!

Another note, Is this the Alexander from Gallatin County? If so, how and more so why would he be able to ref a varsity game at Gallatin?

 

Congrats to Gallatin on the W.

  • Author
That has become a regular thing for the 8th Region. IMO some of the worst officials in the state. No consistancy to games at all. I don't care if you are bad but be bad both ways and the whole game! Some of the guys need to hang the whistle up. I understand that they probably love the game but they are doing it more harm than good!

Another note, Is this the Alexander from Gallatin County? If so, how and more so why would he be able to ref a varsity game at Gallatin?

Congrats to Gallatin on the W.

 

 

It is not.

Congratulations. They have a nice team. Too bad the refs (cornbread and Alexander) especially the latter had to ruin the game.

 

Um...is cornbread his real name? :lol2:

Um...is cornbread his real name? :lol2:

 

His real name is James. He is more known as Cornbread than he is by his given name.

His real name is James. He is more known as Cornbread than he is by his given name.

 

I sort of figured on the nickname. Too bad we haven't got a ref named "butter" and another named "beans". That would be a nice trio down home in the 8th.

Someone said that the association that provides refs for the Louisville area (6th and 7th region) has about 75 that are "qualified" and experienced enough to do varsity games. They went on to say that with the 3 person crews, there are nights when they need 120+. Hmmmmmmmm it doesn't seem to be a secret why you see what you see if this is the case in your region.

 

As I was typing, I realized I was falling in the hijacking trap. Sorry.

 

Congratulations Gallatin County!!!

Coach West does a great job with his kids. They are a fairly young team still trying to find their way against a solid schedule, which should pay dividends for them in the future.

Someone said that the association that provides refs for the Louisville area (6th and 7th region) has about 75 that are "qualified" and experienced enough to do varsity games. They went on to say that with the 3 person crews, there are nights when they need 120+. Hmmmmmmmm it doesn't seem to be a secret why you see what you see if this is the case in your region.

 

As I was typing, I realized I was falling in the hijacking trap. Sorry.

 

Congratulations Gallatin County!!!

 

Nice save! ;)

:dancingpa

I sort of figured on the nickname. Too bad we haven't got a ref named "butter" and another named "beans". That would be a nice trio down home in the 8th.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: that's rich!LOL
That has become a regular thing for the 8th Region. IMO some of the worst officials in the state. No consistancy to games at all. I don't care if you are bad but be bad both ways and the whole game! Some of the guys need to hang the whistle up. I understand that they probably love the game but they are doing it more harm than good!

Another note, Is this the Alexander from Gallatin County? If so, how and more so why would he be able to ref a varsity game at Gallatin?

 

Congrats to Gallatin on the W.

 

The cornbread dude definitely needs to hang it up. I'm telling you, and as I've stated before on these threads, I just want to see a game where the refs don't take over the game!! This was my first chance to see the Dossette girl play and they took her and the Bowen girl out of it early with ignorant non foul calls. But they kept it close with calling so many bogus calls the other way. The cornbread guy didn't really call anything because I don't think he can see anything. This other guy though was so blatantly bias, that even some of Gallatin's parents said so. This was a 2 point game near the end and the Dossette girl tried to make a block on the baseline, never touched the ball, absolutely hacked the Grant player,knocked her down and ended up on top of her, all in front of this guy, and I mean RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! No call at all.. Did I mention it would have been her 5th foul? I don't take anything away from Gallatin they won and I congratulate them. But someone should send in the Hudl video to KHSAA to review.. I'm sure they would use it as a training vid about how not to referee a game. I've watched it again just to make sure I wasn't imagining things and I wasn't.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.