George Rogers Clark 79 Grant County 72

GRC led at the half 45-29. We out scored them 26-11 in the 2nd quarter. Then in the 3rd they scored 22 -11. GRC had as much as a 12 point led in the 4th and as small as 5. It was a good entertaining game of both teams pushing it up the floor.

Hope to have stats later.

Clark's offense clicks in win over Grant County

The Cardinals produced their second-best offensive showing of the season with a 79-72 win over Grant County. Clark’s previous season-high in scoring was an 82-point effort in a rout of Ashland Blazer.

“Offense — that’s all that we’ve really worked on since in practice since the Montgomery County game,” Humphrey said. “We’ve been working on ball movement, spacing and I thought that showed. I thought our kids did an outstanding job of sharing the ball. The ball movement was excellent and we knocked down shots.”

The distribution of assists resulting in four players scoring in double figures for the Cards. Damion King paced Clark with 21 points and scored 10 of those in the second quarter as Clark built a 16-point lead. King made two of the Cards’ eight 3-pointers in the contest.

Jyles Anderson made three treys, followed by Jordan Menchen with two and Braxton Greene with one.

Humphrey said his team’s balance “was indicative of the ball movement that we had.”

“We had several times to where we had a good shot and we made the extra pass and it led to an excellent shot,” he said.

Prep Basketball: Clark's offense clicks in win over Grant County - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports

GRC led at the half 45-29. We out scored them 26-11 in the 2nd quarter. Then in the 3rd they scored 22 -11. GRC had as much as a 12 point led in the 4th and as small as 5. It was a good entertaining game of both teams pushing it up the floor.

Hope to have stats later.

Did Grant County sub and press continuously? They used to be relentless and weren't afraid to use fouls because those coming off the bench were just as good, I think Hicks?, may have been the Coach last time I saw them, the one I am talking about, I believe left for Shelby Valley

Did Grant County sub and press continuously? They used to be relentless and weren't afraid to use fouls because those coming off the bench were just as good, I think Hicks?, may have been the Coach last time I saw them, the one I am talking about, I believe left for Shelby Valley

They subbed more at like you are talking about in the 4th quarter.