Wilmington (OH) 82 Taylor County 72

Final at the Flyin to the Hoop

Jaevin (29) and Jarron (27) Cumberland combine for 56 pts for Wilmington in the win.

Believe Cronin was there watching Jarron.

Covcath will have their hands full when they meet Wilmington.

Wilmington whipped Lexington Catholic early this season. They are GOOD. I do think it would be closer now since that was the 2nd or 1st game our football players (who make up half the rotation) had played in for the Knights.

Wilmington has beat EVERYONE they've played by double digits, as far as I know. This was their closest game to date. Beat Moeller by 15 or 16 earlier in the season, as well.

From Cincinnati.com :

The Wilmington boys' basketball team is 12-0 and the Hurricane were impressive on Sunday night at Trent Arena.

Wilmington defeated Taylor County 82-72 in the 13th annual Flyin' to the Hoop Invitational.

Senior guard Jaevin Cumberland had 29 points, six rebounds and two assists. Cumberland is signed with Oakland University.

Jaevin's cousin, junior guard Jarron Cumberland, also had a significant performance. Jarron Cumberland had 27 points and 14 rebounds.

Wilmington led Taylor County 36-32. Taylor County guard Quentin Goodin had 19 points and forward Brandon Berry had 18 points and nine rebounds.

Wilmington, ranked No. 1 in The Enquirer Division I area coaches' poll, is ranked No. 5 in the Associated Press state poll.

Wilmington (12-0) – Stewart 1 4 6, Scott 5 2 13, Jaevin Cumberland 10 5 29, McPherson 1 1 3, Jarron Cumberland 9 5 27, Wolary 1 0 2. Totals: 27 19 82

Taylor County (16-4) – Moregeson 3 0 7, Goodin 6 6 19, Sloan 4 0 10, Berry 7 3 18, Oliver 2 0 5, Chewning 1 2 4, Rafferty 2 5 9. Totals: 25 16 72

Wilmington 15-21-20-26--82

Taylor County 16-16-17-23—72

3-pointers: W 9 (Jaevin Cumberland 4, Jarron Cumberland 4, Scott); T 6 (Berry 2, Morgeson, Goodin, Ellis; Oliver)

Maybe it wouldn't be closer then haha

Nothing against LC but Wilmington would beat them by 20+ for a 2nd time if they played again.

I don't think there's a team in the state of KY that would beat thrm, including Ballard/Henderson Co.... Jaevin and Jarron Cumberland are arguably the best guard duo in the state of Ohio.

Doesn't look good for CCH, but that's why you line up and play. Regardless, it's a good test for the Colonels. Some attribute the Colonels' exhibited toughness against NCC this past Friday to the prior game played against Moeller. Don't know if I completely buy that, but, playing a top OH team in Wilmington can only help, barring injuries.

Doesn't look good for CCH, but that's why you line up and play. Regardless, it's a good test for the Colonels. Some attribute the Colonels' exhibited toughness against NCC this past Friday to the prior game played against Moeller. Don't know if I completely buy that, but, playing a top OH team in Wilmington can only help, barring injuries.

I think playing both Moe and St X caused them to raise their level of physical play. They had to be tougher and stronger with the ball against those two. That's where they benefitted. They already thought they played hard. This showed them they had another level to get to.

Not saying one way or the other what impact that will have on the Wilmington game. Just another talented team that will force them to get better.

Nothing against LC but Wilmington would beat them by 20+ for a 2nd time if they played again.

I don't think there's a team in the state of KY that would beat thrm, including Ballard/Henderson Co.... Jaevin and Jarron Cumberland are arguably the best guard duo in the state of Ohio.

When was the last time saw LC and Wilmington play?

When was the last time saw LC and Wilmington play?

Saw Wilmington several times last year and over the summer.

Saw Lexcath this past summer, and watched them in the Traditional Bank.

When was the last time you saw either? Since you're so interested in when I did.

When was the last time you saw either? Since you're so interested in when I did.

I have saw LC a couple of times this year,,it has been two years since I saw Wilmington..I don't it really matters when I last saw them, as I am not the one making all the predictions.........

Why?? Seriously, why?