Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Spurlock

Featured Replies

3 time-14th Region All "A" Champs

2 time-WYMT Champs

Defender of the Station Champs

H.I.T. Champs

All "A" State Champs

54th District Champs

14th Region Champs

 

89 WINS

 

*just in 4 years*

 

Good job Coach, and good luck no matter where you are next year.

Hazard don't be dumb.

I was amazed when I read and heard that Spurlock's job may be in some jeopardy ... from what I've seen of his Hazard teams, the guy is a pretty good coach.

Hazard is crazy to let this neddle in the haystack go. IMO he wont have many problems finding a new job somewhere close.

3 time-14th Region All "A" Champs

2 time-WYMT Champs

Defender of the Station Champs

H.I.T. Champs

All "A" State Champs

54th District Champs

14th Region Champs

 

89 WINS

 

*just in 4 years*

 

Good job Coach, and good luck no matter where you are next year.

Hazard don't be dumb.

 

If they let him get away, I guarantee you he won't be out of work for long. There is a rumor that a neighboring county school (in another county) may be VERY interested in getting him if the politics in Hazard is dumb enough to send him packing. He continues to put a quality team on the court night after night. The Bulldogs were not supposed to be that solid this year but with Justin Hicks and Coach Spurlock they went right back to Rupp Arena.

 

I hope they are smart enough to realize what they have. Come on now folks, you have 2 fantastic coaches in Perry County (Holland at PCC and Spurlock at Hazard). You should be very happy in that neck of the woods with your coaching situations in basketball! :thumb:

Hazard is crazy to let this neddle in the haystack go. IMO he wont have many problems finding a new job somewhere close.

 

Sounds like you have heard what I have heard. :sssh: Hazard better hang onto him. I have talked to parents from the school I think you are referring to and they told me that they would be THRILLED to get Spurlock. With his record and where they were this season, who could blame them!

This is a previous post of mine:

 

 

Congrats to Coach Spurlock on great, great job!!! Handled early season distractions very well, did not let these kids get down on themselves with dissapoitments in the H.I.T,WYMT, and All "A". Kept focus on the #1 goal of winning the 14th region and getting to RUPP. Did a great job under intense pressure from "higher ups". A great guy and class act.

 

I have have been watching bball at Hazard for over 25 years, this would be one of worst decisions they have ever made, but this HAZARD and nothing surprises me!!!

Why wasn't he at Trimble Co. for very long?

89-32 over 4 years, some losses to Lex Cath. Oak hill, South Laurel, UHA, Iroquois, North Laurel, Doss, Clay co.

Why is he staying? With his resume, he has no reason to put up with all of the crap he is getting at Hazard. I mean, if it is bad now, image what happens if he really had a down year. Hazard is a small school, and usually has the typical small school cycles. Some years they are up, some they are down. Coach Spurlock has kept Hazard on a nice high for four consecutive years. If I was him, I would leave while the getting is good. I am surprised he stayed after last season. I thought that the Letcher job was his if he wanted, but he turned it down. They had more talent than Hazard this season IMO.

Why is he staying? With his resume, he has no reason to put up with all of the crap he is getting at Hazard. I mean, if it is bad now, image what happens if he really had a down year. Hazard is a small school, and usually has the typical small school cycles. Some years they are up, some they are down. Coach Spurlock has kept Hazard on a nice high for four consecutive years. If I was him, I would leave while the getting is good. I am surprised he stayed after last season. I thought that the Letcher job was his if he wanted, but he turned it down. They had more talent than Hazard this season IMO.

I agree.

Why is he staying? With his resume, he has no reason to put up with all of the crap he is getting at Hazard. I mean, if it is bad now, image what happens if he really had a down year. Hazard is a small school, and usually has the typical small school cycles. Some years they are up, some they are down. Coach Spurlock has kept Hazard on a nice high for four consecutive years. If I was him, I would leave while the getting is good. I am surprised he stayed after last season. I thought that the Letcher job was his if he wanted, but he turned it down. They had more talent than Hazard this season IMO.

 

I agree.

If these rumors are true, this has to be the biggest bunch of bull I have ever heard! Kevin has done a great job at Hazard and is a class act, not to mention a personal friend of mine for over 20 years. Its not worth it coach, find a place where you are appreciated, happy, and at peace!

Sounds like you have heard what I have heard. :sssh: Hazard better hang onto him. I have talked to parents from the school I think you are referring to and they told me that they would be THRILLED to get Spurlock. With his record and where they were this season, who could blame them!

:thumb:

89-32 over 4 years, some losses to Lex Cath. Oak hill, South Laurel, UHA, Iroquois, North Laurel, Doss, Clay co.

 

 

This right here says a lot.

His numbers are good and i thought that was what it was all about, in other words WINNING!!!

I guess in Spurlock's situation, you just cant please everyone.....time to move on out and :walk: on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.