Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cincinnati Double

Featured Replies

My impression from the numerous denizens of the Queen City I knew going to college in Ohio is that maybe 1 in 15 cared anything for Ohio State at all...

 

My mom grew up near Columbus and when she was alive was a big OSU fan. I got it from her (even though I live in NKY). When UC played OSU, however, I rooted for UC.

Only 41% of the TVs that were turned on Monday night in the Cincinnati DMA were tuned to the game. A number that even I' date=' a non-tOSU guy, found shockingly low. Columbus' share was over 75% I believe, off the top of my head.[/quote']

 

Close. 72.

NKY and Cincinnati

 

Don't know a single one outside of BGP members.

I don't know a single person that is an Ohio State football fan and a UK basketball fan. I think people just assume it happens since both fan bases are very large. Very small % if I had to venture a guess.

 

 

Tons of them in the Ashland area.

I don't know. I think pro sports are infinitely better than the college product.

 

Outside of the NBA (which I still think is at worst equally as entertaining as the college version), there isn't a single college sport that isn't absolutely dwarfed by it's professional counterpart in both popularity and excitement/entertainment.

 

I'm sure I'm an outlier, but the older I get the more I enjoy collegiate sports across the board and the less I enjoy the pro versions. I didn't watch 9 innings of baseball this year that didn't have the Reds playing. I didn't watch one full NFL game that wasn't involving the Bengals. However, I've already watched the better part of at least 20 NCAA games that didn't involve Xavier. It is just different to me. May come with having spent 6 years in a College Athletics' senior position, but I LOVE College Sports and only like my regional pro franchises. Well...and the Sixers, but they barely count and are thoroughly unwatchable.

 

In short, I'm sure I'm just weird.

I am a UK basketball fan and an Ohio State football fan. I don't care about Ohio State basketball or Kentucky football. From NKY though...

I don't know a single person that is an Ohio State football fan and a UK basketball fan. I think people just assume it happens since both fan bases are very large. Very small % if I had to venture a guess.

 

Outside of BGP, I know very few. One of my co-workers is a big Ohio State fan & Kentucky fan, but it's because his daughter went to OSU.

Only 41% of the TVs that were turned on Monday night in the Cincinnati DMA were tuned to the game. A number that even I, a non-tOSU guy, found shockingly low. Columbus' share was over 75% I believe, off the top of my head.

 

Boy that does seem awfully low.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.