Fishing Trip Results/ Post Here!

powerfootball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually hooked a much larger one that ended our day on his Spongebob fishing poll. It nearly yanked the poll out of his hands. He managed to regain control and try reeling to no avail. He said "Daddy you do this!" So I start reeling it in and is fight like mad and I have this craptacular Spongebob pole. I can't give the fish any slack and let him wear himself down for a little while, I can only crank. So I got the fish about 2 feet from the dock and get my first look at it and it is a big Largemouth Bass. It's not very fat, but very long. It darts down and then shoots straight out the water and literally scares the living crap out of my son. It flops down and then tries to shoot under the dock and at this point I can't reel anymore. I just grabbed the line and pulled the line with my hands and got the fish out from under the dock. I get out of the water and its every bit of 14-16 inches long. I went straight for its mouth because we were fishing with tiny hooks for Bluegill and the fish shook its head the little hook just shot out of it's mouth. PLOP right back in the water in went! My son, Oldrambler's great nephew (yeah he really is "old" lol!), is just completely freaked out by this point because the fish was half the size he is. So off he took off up to the house leaving me to carry 4 poles, two tackle boxes, and a bag of trash. But I wouldn't have traded that moment for any in the world. What a blast and now fishing is all talks about! :thumb:

We ended up catching (landing) 5 Bluegill and 2 Largemouth. The bass were just nailing live nightcrawlers. I should have switched to bigger hooks because we missed a lot where the smaller hooks were just too small to set. My wife, who has the attention span of a 3 year old, missed 8 or 9 fish because she was looking at the geese. Oh well.

Free fishing days is this weekend and we are planning on heading to Yatesville Lake Saturday afternoon/evening. Hopefully we will land a few more! I hadn't fished in probably 10 or 11 years. I forgot I was missing. I am hooked (pun intended) again. Already scanning the classifieds for a fishing boat! :D

I know where you're coming from.