St Xavier 54 North Bullitt 49 (LIT)

X hasnt sold out. I'm not sure the alumni there would go for it. Alumni not going to fund that school and see their kids get cut or not play for those who dont contribute to the school. I think Coach Klein is one of the best coaches in the Co. They are never the most athletic but they make up for it with execution and team play. I would love to see X and coach Klein in the state tournament. He a class act.

X hasnt sold out. I'm not sure the alumni there would go for it. Alumni not going to fund that school and see their kids get cut or not play for those who dont contribute to the school. I think Coach Klein is one of the best coaches in the Co. They are never the most athletic but they make up for it with execution and team play. I would love to see X and coach Klein in the state tournament. He a class act.

I agree to a certain extent, but I'm sure the alumni also wouldn't mind a couple of trips to the state tournament either (which is what I think they'd get with a little more talent to go with Klein's coaching). I know for a fact (because I've had friends that play for them) in years' past that St. X has recruited for football to get wins. Now there's not as many spots available in basketball, but if you add 3 ball players to that roster you'd have a top 3 team in the region in my opinion (with the way St. X executes). Winning solves a lot, even if their kid doesn't play as much. They get more visibility when they make it to Rupp. heck it's a kid on Trinity's squad that received a scholarship offer, and he only averaged like 3 ppg last season.

Our basketball team always perplexed me. Coach Klein is an outstanding coach but the 11-15 on the team weren't always the best talent in the school.

What time frame are you referring to? Since Klein has been there, the best players who make a commitment to the program, make the team. Period.

There are only 11 kids on the varsity team, so if he wanted to put kids on the roster who were not "the best players" he has plenty of room to do so.

What you are stating has no factual basis.

It only takes one good player who didn't go to a Catholic grade school to win big. Trinity has four starters who played basketball at Catholic middle schools. St. X has plenty of shooters... If they had a big they'd be a ton better.

Trinity has 3 starters who played for Catholic middle schools; Ramser, Stafford, and Thieneman.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA ? Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

What time frame are you referring to? Since Klein has been there, the best players who make a commitment to the program, make the team. Period.

There are only 11 kids on the varsity team, so if he wanted to put kids on the roster who were not "the best players" he has plenty of room to do so.

What you are stating has no factual basis.

Guess we have to agree to disagree. There were more talented players not on the team than on the team. For what ever reason I do not know; Of course it has no factual basis, seeing it is my opinion.

Trinity has 3 starters who played for Catholic middle schools; Ramser, Stafford, and Thieneman.

Not sure where Levitch went to grade school. I think 2 of the first 3 subs on Ts team are CSAA kids also. So basically 5 or 6 of the top 8, is that correct? How many of X's top 8 are CSAA kids? (I honestly don't know.) Granted Spalding is a top tier talent, but T is better than X even without him. Heck I don't think X has a player on their team any better than Levitch, Thieneman, Stafford, or Ramser, or maybe even Murphy. OK maybe Burgess, but I don't know if he is a CSAA kid or not. Having said that, every time I have ever seen X take the floor they have played VERY WELL. Coach Szabo is outstanding, but I have been more than impressed with Klein.