Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Week zero Friday Night Bowl Games

Featured Replies

Does anyone know the bowl games that will be played on this night?

 

I am looking for a double header to attend on this night and for me it is never to early to start looking.:laugh:

Schedules aren't posted yet but here is a list of all the Friday night, Week 0 bowl games from last season, and a link to all the bowl games from last season.

 

http://khsaa.org/football/2014/2014bowlgamesschedule.pdf

 

Friday, August 22

 

 

Dairy Queen Bowl at Henry County

08/22 8:00 PM Shelby County vs. Henry County

 

FCPS Football Frenzy at Paul Laurence Dunbar

08/22 5:30 PM Paul Laurence Dunbar vs. Tates Creek

FCPS Football Frenzy at Paul Laurence Dunbar

08/22 8:45 PM Scott County vs. Lafayette

 

Forcht Bank Bowl at Campbellsville University

08/22 6:00 PM Danville vs. Russell County

Forcht Bank Bowl at Campbellsville University

08/22 8:30 PM Taylor County vs. Edmonson County

 

LPFAA Hall of Fame Bowl Farmers National Bank at Garrard County

08/22 7:30 PM Garrard County vs. Casey County

 

PBK Death Valley Bowl at Lincoln County

08/22 6:00 PM Lincoln County vs. Frankfort

PBK Death Valley Bowl at Lincoln County

08/22 8:00 PM Boyle County vs. Bullitt East

 

Ray Correll Bowl at Somerset

08/22 8:00 PM Somerset vs. Southwestern

Ray Correll Bowl at Somerset

08/22 6:00 PM Pulaski County vs. Corbin

 

Russell Rivals Bowl at Warren Central

08/22 8:00 PM Hopkinsville vs. Warren Central

Russell Rivals Bowl at Warren Central

08/22 Madisonville-North Hopkins vs. Greenwood

 

Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown at Cooper

08/22 7:00 PM Cooper vs. Ryle

 

Sports "R" Us Kickoff Classic at Letcher County Central

08/22 7:30 PM Letcher County Central vs. Berea

 

VisionWorks Bowl at North Oldham

08/22 8:00 PM North Oldham vs. Evansville Central, IN

 

visitnich.com at West Jesssamine

08/22 6:30 PM Scott vs. East Jessamine

visitnich.com at West Jesssamine

08/22 8:45 PM South Oldham vs. West Jessamine

I've always wanted to go to the Death Valley Bowl and the Ray Correll Bowl

 

Depending on the participants, that Football Frenzy Bowl looks interesting too.

 

Maybe you could make it a Fri/Sat doubleheader and get 4 games in NCF. The Forcht Bank Bowl is a 2 day event. Or there are a lot of Central KY options for a 2 day trip at 2 different bowls.

  • Author

I am leaning toward the Ray Correll Bowl and then finding something close on Saturday, that gives me two games too.

 

It is early so I will have a lot of time to decide.

I may be wrong but I think that Ray correl bowl doesn't include the county schools.

I may be wrong but I think that Ray correl bowl doesn't include the county schools.

 

Correct. Somerset refused to continue to play Pulaski County and Southwestern on a home-and-home basis each season. Therefore, the both schools pulled out of the Correll Bowl. The "Don Marshall Bowl" is now week 0. Here is the next two years I think:

2015 - Pulaski v. Jeffersonville, Indiana (6pm)

Southwestern v. Harlan Co. (Bowl is at Southwestern High in 2015)

 

2016 - Southwestern v. Jeffersonville, Indiana (6pm)

Pulaski v. Harlan Co. (Bowl is at Pulaski in 2016)

 

This is Friday night of week 0. I have heard that the Correll Bowl will now be a single game. Somerset v. Caverna.

I am leaning toward the Ray Correll Bowl and then finding something close on Saturday, that gives me two games too.

 

It is early so I will have a lot of time to decide.

If I was staying in Central KY on Friday night, then my Saturday choice would be either...

 

Football Frenzy at Dunbar

Roy Kidd at Madison Cental or

Rec Bowl at Montgomery Co. (granddaddy of KY bowl games)

 

All depends on the matchups.

Roy Kidd has

Knox Central vs. Bryan Station

Wayne Co. vs. Madison Central

  • Author
If I was staying in Central KY on Friday night, then my Saturday choice would be either...

 

Football Frenzy at Dunbar

Roy Kidd at Madison Cental or

Rec Bowl at Montgomery Co. (granddaddy of KY bowl games)

 

All depends on the matchups.

 

I did the rec bowl last season.

Very nice stadium and the people were very nice.

  • Author

Time is getting closer.

 

The K.H.S.A.A. page still does not have all of the games listed for week 0.

 

I am 90% sure on my decision but will wait until the rest of the games are listed.

 

I plan of having pics included with my game reports this year, and only will post the Kentucky games on here.

The K.H.S.A.A. page still does not have all of the games listed for week 0.

 

This drives me nuts. Get 'em posted people! :lol2:

Central Hardin vs. Boyle County in Danville should be an interesting Saturday(6pm)bowl game. Somewhat centrally located venue featuring two talented teams. Sorry, I don't know if there is another game following, but I'm guessing there is based on the start time.

North Hardin plays at Mercer Co. Saturday(8pm) in a bowl game, and I'm thinking the Central Hardin/Boyle matchup may be played at Mercer instead of Danville. Apologies for the confusion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.