Ryle at Dixie Heights predictions

The Ryle Raiders (4-10) travel to Edgewood tonight to face the Dixie Heights Colonels (9-4) at 7:45.

Ryle is coming off a big 58-51 win over Beechwood and also hold a signature win over Newport (61-57) in a game played right before Christmas.

Dixie is riding a 6 game winning streak and still waiting to play a game with all their players available and in basketball shape.

This game features a battle of teacher (Coach Chevy) and student (McFarland), as David McFarland cut his teeth coaching under the tutelage of Coach Ken Chevalier. Will Coach Chevy be teaching Coach McFarland a few more lessons tonight? Or will Coach McFarland flip the script and pull the upset?

Who wins and why?

Although Ryle is starting to hint at some strides in mid-season experience, my knee-jerk hunch is expecting to see all out Red Colonel domination and them showing just how far they've come since their often meager early season quest for finding themselves. I'm feeling that they're now truly finding themselves, and will make this emphatically known with a victory in exclamation fashion.

Dixie by 20+

Although Ryle is starting to hint at some strides in mid-season experience, my knee-jerk hunch is expecting to see all out Red Colonel domination and them showing just how far they've come since their often meager early season quest for finding themselves. I'm feeling that they're now truly finding themselves, and will make this emphatically known with a victory in exclamation fashion.

Dixie by 20+

I think they are starting to hit a groove, but still have a lot of improvement to go. Rabe should be back after missing the last game (as well as the last quarter of the St Henry game) and a few practices. And Mitch Bolin, while he is back from his hiatus, will be serving the second game of his 2 game suspension (I'm assuming without pay :) ). I think by the time they get to the Scott County tournament toward the end of this month we will finally see what Dixie has under the hood. The good news is that the 2 football players are back in basketball shape and contributing in stellar fashion.

I think they are starting to hit a groove, but still have a lot of improvement to go. Rabe should be back after missing the last game (as well as the last quarter of the St Henry game) and a few practices. And Mitch Bolin, while he is back from his hiatus, will be serving the second game of his 2 game suspension (I'm assuming without pay :) ). I think by the time they get to the Scott County tournament toward the end of this month we will finally see what Dixie has under the hood. The good news is that the 2 football players are back in basketball shape and contributing in stellar fashion.

I'm expecting to see a lot more from Moore. Always thought that he had a lot of upside, and with him being a senior, now's the time to make it known. Hope he starts peaking at the right time.