Ryan Woolf (Ryle '15) wins 2014 That's My Boy Award

Congratulation to the following five young men for being named as finalists for the 2015 That’s My Boy Awards. These players are among the best the sport has seen. Leaders in the game of life, not just football.

Branden Johnson- Dixie Heights

Beau Hoge- Highlands

Sam Murrer- Cov. Cath

Joe Studer- Beechwood

Ryan Woolf- Ryle

Here is how I would vote.

Sam Murrer- Cov. Cath (Obvious Reason)

Ryan Woolf- Ryle - From what I have heard very good kid. (Also his dad is a CCH grad)

Branden Johnson- Dixie Heights - (He is a Colonel)

Joe Studer- Beechwood - (Because three others are ahead of him).

Beau Hoge- Highlands - (Because of that darn run - Reminds me of Christian Laettner at least I won't have to watch the replay every fall!!!)

Here is how I would vote.

Sam Murrer- Cov. Cath (Obvious Reason)

Ryan Woolf- Ryle - From what I have heard very good kid. (Also his dad is a CCH grad)

Branden Johnson- Dixie Heights - (He is a Colonel)

Joe Studer- Beechwood - (Because three others are ahead of him).

Beau Hoge- Highlands - (Because of that darn run - Reminds me of Christian Laettner at least I won't have to watch the replay every fall!!!)

I can get you a copy if you need it.

Edited by Ram
Rule 5

I can get you a copy if you need it.

Don't get me started...

Actually if you go and count the tds in the Highlight tape, Opponents 22 tds Highlands 21 tds...Nice job to the 3rd grader that put this thing together...

This is one of those "non-believable" situations, not the "unbelievable" variety...sickening imo..

Edited by Ram
Rule 14

Congratulations to the 5 nominated student athletes.

I just have am opinion that the panel miss the boat as far as Hayden Molitor is concerned. A 3 sport athlete(football, basketball. & baseball), 5.0 GPA, 31SAT, class president all 4yrs, Deans list at NKU last year(could technically enter NKY as a sophomore in the fall of 2015} and just received the Congressional nomination for the United States Air Force Academy...and didn't make the top5? Oh, well...something tells me you'll be just fine.

BTW, those of you that have never met this young man, he is one of the hardest working and most determined student athletes I have even met. His parents must be so proud!

Joe Studer's dad AND step dad are both Cov. Cath grads, does that move him up any?

Taking that into consideration, I will move him up on my list to be tied with Woolf.

Likely would have been tied for 1st if he had attended Father-Son day with my son and I, and a vote for my Chili would have made him a sure lock for #1 IMO.

Edited by BlueColonel87

All kidding aside, this is THE AWARD to be nominated for. It says a lot about who these kids are a people. And usually something about the values they learned from their parents, teachers and coaches along the way.

From the above post, sounds like Hayden Molitor could easily have been nominated. I am sure there are many more kids just like him.

Congratulations to the five nominees. Good luck to each of them.

Edited by BlueColonel87

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Ryan Woolf (Ryle '15) wins 2014 That's My Boy Award