• Bracken Co.
    • Bishop Brossart
    • Calvary Christian
    • St. Patrick
    • Robertson Co.
    • Silver Grove
    • Paris
    • Nicholas Co.

The Class A tournament gets underway Friday night in Mt. Olivet. Who ya got?

This has been Brossarts tournament last few years. Will they keep the all a streak alive? I'm sure Paris who has been playing well of late will have something to say about that. Augusta also can not be overlooked. Who's the dark horse (no pun intended) no one is talking about?

The Class A tournament gets underway Friday night in Mt. Olivet. Who ya got?

This has been Brossarts tournament last few years. Will they keep the all a streak alive? I'm sure Paris who has been playing well of late will have something to say about that. Augusta also can not be overlooked. Who's the dark horse (no pun intended) no one is talking about?

Last few years?

Last few years?

I'm sure Mustang will have the details but I think Brossart has won the last 10 of 11 tourneys?

I would have gone with Paris early in the year but I have been impressed with the way the Brossart team has been playing lately. Playing well at the right time. They also have a favorable draw this year.

We have been fortunate to win 11 of the past 12, and 12 of the last 14. 2002 and 2009 were the exceptions. In 2009 we were taken out by a good Deming team, only to have Calvary Christian pull the rug out from under Deming in the finals. We've also dodged a few other bullets along the way.

It is interesting to note that Brossart failed to win an "A" regional while in the 9th Region - pre 1996-97, and didn't win one in the 10th until 2001.

In 2000, we were upset in the 10th "A" Regional by Nicholas County, only to come back and win the 10th Region Championship, and win a game at Rupp that season.

I like our chances this year. We are playing good basketball this year, and the defensive intensity that we have enjoyed in the past has begun showing up here recently. If we get beat by a better team this year, then so be it. BUT, I think we are going to be an extremely tough out.

Lower bracket will be interesting. Paris will definitely be the favorite, but Augusta's right there with them and Bracken and St. Pat have proven they can play with those teams. The five best players in the tournament going head-to-head. Should be a war.