Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Statistical Compliance

Featured Replies

Not sure if anyone is aware of this communique on the KHSAA website regarding statistical compliance:

 

Beginning next week (week of 1/12), we will begin compiling weekly statewide statistical leader reports. With this first compilation, any school that has NOT reported statistics for one or more games will be penalized. The likely first step will be a FINE in accordance with Bylaw 27, and the adopted fine schedule calls for a maximum fine of $100 for failure to submit the reports (per game), as well as another fine if such a team should make the state tournament and is not in compliance with the requirement. Beginning next week, those penalties will be imposed.

 

Please keep in mind a few other notations:

 

1.The statistics requested are not comprehensive by any means, but complete submission is required for each game. These individual games are then aggregated for season totals;

2.The individual games should be entered within forty-eight hours. Beginning later this week, you will begin receiving daily notices via email (both to coaches and administrators) of games that are missing. Yes, they are intended to nag into compliance to prevent penalty;

3.Only submission via Please Log In to the KHSAA Members-Only Site and clicking on the stat entry links will be accepted. Do not FAX, MAIL, EMAIL or otherwise try to submit. It must be interactively entered through the online system.

4.Statistics may be entered by the Head Coach, any coach assigned head coach data privileges, any user with Athletic Director privilege, or those specifically listed with statistics access. We will work fairly quickly to add a training video related to stats entry, just in case of issues, but feel free to contact Joe Angolia ([email protected]) if you have basketball stats questions, or Rob Catron ([email protected]) if you have technical issues;

5.For more than twenty years, the KHSAA has collected statistics for boys’ and girls’ basketball teams. Participation has by far NOT been 100% and has brought to light the issue of credibility of the results. We have had a large number of concerns expressed during this season, not about the requirement, but about those who were NOT reporting.

6.We have had a very minimal amount of coaches that frankly perhaps have some outdated thinking that somehow the stats give someone an advantage and therefore should be withheld. In these days where someone is likely taping each contest via iPhone or iPad or many other devices in the stands, to think results can be hidden is probably outdated. The benefit to the students, which is always our primary objective, far outweighs competitive concerns.

Appreciate you cooperating and preventing other actions from being taken.

Thanks for the information.

 

There are 51 teams who have not completed any statistics for Boys Basketball. Recent additions include Harlan County, Lewis County, North Laurel, and Warren Central.

 

There are many more who have not completed statistics for each game.

 

Here is the thread that I began on it.

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/has-khsaa-penalized-294290.html

  • Author

My team, Beechwood, is one of those who has not complied, not because of lack of statistics, but lack of time to do so. I was in travel status for work for two weeks and the holidays kind of put me behind, but rest assured, I do have stats for all of our games except Brossart. Wondering if Brossart could help us out with that via a game film or if they did stats for us that game. Alas, I was out of town and could not be there. Calling Mustang...Mustang?

  • Author
So is it $100 per game that hasn't reported stats?

 

That's the maximum fine and it appears it is so.

 

I take issue with this for individual games especially in my case above. How do we have stats if no one was there to take them and we have no game film because the camera wasn't working? Now any school would have to rely on other schools who do have the people, equipment, etc. to get them done. Just ranting.

I take issue with this for individual games especially in my case above. How do we have stats if no one was there to take them and we have no game film because the camera wasn't working? Now any school would have to rely on other schools who do have the people, equipment, etc. to get them done. Just ranting.

 

Not a problem. Hopefully that is an issue that can be talked through and worked out. I'd hope that in this case they would be understanding and forgiving and work with you guys. I feel like the intent of this enforcement is for the folks who have stats and refuse to report them because of what the KHSAA calls "outdated thinking". $100 a game is a hefty fine and I hope those that are withholding stats purposely have the money to pay their fines. That could add up to quite a bit of money that a lot of schools don't have.

My team, Beechwood, is one of those who has not complied, not because of lack of statistics, but lack of time to do so. I was in travel status for work for two weeks and the holidays kind of put me behind, but rest assured, I do have stats for all of our games except Brossart. Wondering if Brossart could help us out with that via a game film or if they did stats for us that game. Alas, I was out of town and could not be there. Calling Mustang...Mustang?

So I take it Beechwood doesn't film games. Couldn't someone stat a game from a film. Poor planning in your absence.

My team, Beechwood, is one of those who has not complied, not because of lack of statistics, but lack of time to do so. I was in travel status for work for two weeks and the holidays kind of put me behind, but rest assured, I do have stats for all of our games except Brossart. Wondering if Brossart could help us out with that via a game film or if they did stats for us that game. Alas, I was out of town and could not be there. Calling Mustang...Mustang?

 

Brossart does not take full stats of other teams. Just the normal book.

I heard that GRC films to get stats as well as players and/or stat guys doing the work with clipboards.

 

One of those stat guys or one of the coaches must place the stats onto KHSAA within the 48 hour period.

Both boys and girls teams at our school use the ipad app for stats. They are typically ready to go as soon as the game is over. Of course the stats are only as reliable as the person recording them.

  • Author
So I take it Beechwood doesn't film games. Couldn't someone stat a game from a film. Poor planning in your absence.

 

Camera malfunction that night, been trying to get a copy of the film from Brossart, but no luck so far.

Are there any plans to create an API for fans to use?

My team, Beechwood, is one of those who has not complied, not because of lack of statistics, but lack of time to do so. I was in travel status for work for two weeks and the holidays kind of put me behind, but rest assured, I do have stats for all of our games except Brossart. Wondering if Brossart could help us out with that via a game film or if they did stats for us that game. Alas, I was out of town and could not be there. Calling Mustang...Mustang?

 

I'm sure we have the game on HUDL

Contact Scott Code for info on how to access it.

So is it $100 per game that hasn't reported stats?

 

$50

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.