Newport Central Catholic 90 Holy Cross 54

Zach Pqngallo was deadly from all points on the court, and had "triples" at the 1st and 2nd quarter buzzers, the first one a step beyond half court. McDonald and Weyer........men amongst boys, no other way to put it.

However, I really liked the "dimes" that were dropped tonight. G. Moeves with some great passes and hustle, Pangallo with some nice dishes, and even the two "bigs" got in on the act. Also, Fr. Brennen Hall had two very nice ones, back to back, to So. Trey Wurtz who completed the transaction.

NewCath connected on 11 3's for the game, Pangallo 4, Weyer 2, McDonald, E. Anderson, Neff, Ludwig, & G. Moeves 1 each.

Holy Cross plays the game hard, was really impressed with their hustle, they just don't have the size. They love to "jack" the 3, but they did have some nice baskets in the paint. The Barnes kid can really get off the floor, I had him as the Indians leading scorer with 10 (lost track of a few points for them),

I saw them last year. Do they play anyone from Lexington this year?

None scheduled. If they win their region's All-A tournament, they could conceivably play someone like LCA or Sayre in the state All-A, which may be over in Frankfort. Otherwise they'll have to get to Rupp to play a Lexington team.

Welcome to the board. You may be interested to know that if you click the forums tab on top, the last entry on the list of high school forums you get will be the KHSAA scoreboard that has the schedules and results. Good luck.

Edited by Casual Fan