Owensboro 94 Galatia (IL) 34

Final from Eldorado Holiday Tournament

Holman and Miller didn't start or play on until halfway through the third quarter. .Holman only had two points on a one handed catch alley oop slam.Miller had around 10 points but only played approximately five minutes total.. Darion Morrow 22 first quarter points and it was 45-9 after the first 8 minutes...Owensboro starting point guard Phillips is back after missing several games..however back up point guard Jacoby Harris on crutches...full-court press was too much for Galatia..Owensboro will play the El Dorado, IL. Vs Hardin Co.,IL winner tomorrow night at 8:30

Thanks for the update. Any word on Harris and how long he may be out?? I thought he had been off to a great start for OHS. At least the Devils got Phillips back, as that will only add to their depth going forward. I do have to question the selection of this tournament competition though. Not really sure playing competition like this really helps OHS in the broad scope of things. If they can not play Holman and Miller and still beat a team by 60, im not sure OHS should be scheduling that type of opponent.

Galatia High School in GALATIA, IL | Best High Schools | US News

According to the above link, Galatia high school has an enrollment of 103 students and that 65% of the school body is female. Really makes you wonder why this game was ever scheduled. I'm surprised that the score was even more lopsided, even with Miller and Holman sitting most of the game.

According to the above link, Galatia high school has an enrollment of 103 students and that 65% of the school body is female. Really makes you wonder why this game was ever scheduled. I'm surprised that the score was even more lopsided, even with Miller and Holman sitting most of the game.

I agree. Same line of thought applies to Brescia at Western Kentucky tonight.

Thanks for the update. Any word on Harris and how long he may be out?? I thought he had been off to a great start for OHS. At least the Devils got Phillips back, as that will only add to their depth going forward. I do have to question the selection of this tournament competition though. Not really sure playing competition like this really helps OHS in the broad scope of things. If they can not play Holman and Miller and still beat a team by 60, im not sure OHS should be scheduling that type of opponent.

Owensboro was invited to this tournament because another local school opted out.. I suppose they could have sat at home and not played at all..this was a seeded tourney and Owensboro received the number one seed..of 16 schools ..Harrisburg High , IL won the Illinois 2A championship two years ago they are also in tournament...

I'll agree a 60 point win is not nearly enough when 2 players sit out the first half. Should have not set the starters after the first quarter and maybe it would have been a larger victory.

In fairness, OHS didn't schedule this opponent. They opted to play in this tourney, and the committee set this up. I just saw Jacoby the other day and he was walking around just fine.

Apollofan, the better question is, why would Apollo schedule a team like whitesville trinity? What does that game do for them? ;)