Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Shooting . Texas this time .

Featured Replies

I can't say I blame them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I couldn't be a cop. I'd get fired for letting my emotions get the best of me when I need to be poised. Plus, I'd tase folks for jaywalking so there's that too. :D

 

Seriously though, with the way the climate seems to be heading nationally it takes a special mindset in a person to continue to want to protect and serve the public as a cop. I can't imagine the thought process of a cop these days and for those that continue to protect and serve I pray they return home to their families safely when their shift ends.

 

 

Apples and oranges. But in a way, similar to the teaching profession.

Apples and oranges. But in a way, similar to the teaching profession.

 

Yep. I won't be in education much longer.

Yep. I won't be in education much longer.

 

How are you comparing the two?

 

Im curious, we have many teachers throughout our family. I hear their complaints but I honestly didnt tie the 2 together.

Basically the climate of public distrust and non-support. Not only parents, but non-support from government agencies who develop mandates when they haven't been in a classroom in 20 years. The new evaluation system alone will be enough to push many out of teaching.

 

It isn't the same as what is happening with the police but Papa brought it up and I chimed in. It was probably a thread jack. Sorry.

Basically the climate of public distrust and non-support. Not only parents, but non-support from government agencies who develop mandates when they haven't been in a classroom in 20 years. The new evaluation system alone will be enough to push many out of teaching.

 

It isn't the same as what is happening with the police but Papa brought it up and I chimed in. It was probably a thread jack. Sorry.

 

This.

 

My fault for (somewhat) jacking the thread, but you are spot on here. Especially the first sentence.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.