Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 70 Corbin 68

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Driving. Will explain when I get home.

And Yes' date=' we play the winner of Knox Central and Whitley County. When we left the school... Whitley was up in the 1st 16 to 11[/quote']

 

 

Ok thanks. That is what I thought.

Hagen Tyler hits a 3 at the buzzer as Boyle narrowly escapes from the 13th Region referees to advance to the finals of the Knox Central Holiday Shootout. The Rebels will face the winner of Knox Central/Whitley County.

 

One of the officials was definitely not a 13th Region official. I know him very well and he cannot stand Corbin, as he has told me many times.

Did they let the game get out of control? Rough?

 

Getting physical with Corbin is the best way to beat them as the Hounds are very young and pretty small. Boyle was a little too content to jack up the 3's in my opinion, but they were hitting them tonight.

Stats from the game.

 

BC

 

FG 22/57 38.6% (J. Bell 5/8, Tyler 7/14)

3pt FG 10/22 45.5% (Tyler 5/8)

FT 16/25 64%

Reb 35 ( J. Bell 8,Tyler 9)

Off. 12 ( Tyler, Elkins 3)

Def. 23 ( J. Bell 8)

Asst. 11 ( J. Bell 4)

TO 9

Block Shots 12 ( Elkins 11)

Pts off TO 13

Point off bench 16 ( Hinkle 16)

 

Cobin

 

FG 22/55 40% (A. Taylor 9/19)

3pts 4/9 44.4% ( Hopper, Hopkins 1/2)

FT 20/26 76.9% (A. Taylor 8/10)

Reb 40 ( A. Taylor 8)

Off. 10 ( S. Taylor 2)

Def. 30 ( A. Taylor 8)

Asst. 5 (T. Browning 3)

TO 14

Block shots 1

Pts off TO 7

Bench Scoring 13 (Hopper 11)

 

BC 15 18 11 26 70

Corbin 11 14 22 21 68

26-25 FT attempts and refs were issue?

One of the officials was definitely not a 13th Region official. I know him very well and he cannot stand Corbin' date=' as he has told me many times.[/quote']

 

They all had to be 13th region. It was at KC wasn't it?

26-25 FT attempts and refs were issue?

 

I find this idea to be a huge misconception among most basketball fans... Just because free throw attempts are comparable, doesn't mean that the officiating was good. I find a low percentage of games where the number of actual fouls committed are equal, especially when you have teams with different styles of play.

 

I did not attend this game. I don't have an opinion on the quality of the officials, but to look at the number of free throws and say the officiating was fair and even is ignorant.

I find this idea to be a huge misconception among most basketball fans... Just because free throw attempts are comparable, doesn't mean that the officiating was good. I find a low percentage of games where the number of actual fouls committed are equal, especially when you have teams with different styles of play.

 

I did not attend this game. I don't have an opinion on the quality of the officials, but to look at the number of free throws and say the officiating was fair and even is ignorant.

 

I agree, but usually the team that shoots about 3 times as many outside jump shots as the other team does not go to the line as often either. I also haven't seen any Boyle fans mention that the time keeper neglected to start the clock on the last possession of the game, probably the longest 2 seconds ever recorded.:lol2:

He got the shot off in the time needed.

  • Author

Had Boyle County lost this game I would not have blamed the refs as it would not have been the refs fault had Boyle County lost. Anyone who was at the game can make that statement and it is the truth. At the same time tonight's game was some of the worst refereeing I have seen in a long long time. I don't know if it was blatant or just ineptitude. It was that bad and it happened on both ends.

 

 

Charging fouls called on Boyle County were blocking fouls on Boyle County when they happened on the Corbin end.

 

A ball bounced off a Corbin player's head and went out of bounds. Corbin ball.

 

Boyle players hammered in the paint. No call.

 

Boyle and Corbin players would travel. No call.

 

Boyle and Corbin players wouldn't travel. Travel would be called.

 

Two different Boyle players were undercut while in the air. Fouls were called on both Boyle players who were undercut.

 

Score is 64-63 Corbin:

Offensive foul called on a Corbin player during a dead ball. Corbin player complains to the ref about the call all the way down the court. A play or two later a Boyle player is sticking his hand up to guard a Corbin player during a dead ball before the inbounds play. Corbin player smacks the Boyle players hand in a forceful manner. Boyle player takes exception and is given a technical. Another Boyle player asks what the technical was for and the ref says "that's a technical for you too, buddy". Corbin goes to the line and goes 1-4 on technical FTs. #balldontlie.

 

Boyle player makes a 3 pointer with his toe on the line. The ref who is 20 feet behind the play calls it a 3 pointer.

 

Players allowed to chicken wing and push off all night.

 

At the end of the day this was Boyle's worst game of the year and as Hagen Tyler said so perfectly, "I was not going to let us lose this game." Corbin dictated the tempo of this game from the jump and they did a great job of making us play their game. Boyle County never seemed to be in sync and we never seemed to be totally invested into the game.

 

Jeremiah Bell hit two 3 pointers when Boyle was down 44-38 to tie the game at 44. Both shots were much needed shots at the time and one was from China. I love the swag and moxie and confidence he has to not only take that shot but to take it and know it is going in. His ability to attack the rim and create a shot for himself or his teammates along with his ability to hit that jumper makes him deadly.

 

Hagen Tyler hit the game winning shot but he hit two 3 pointers in a row at one point to tie the game at 55. Hagen is simply a special special player. He scored from all over all tonight and in the 4th quarter when he put the team on his back and said, "we are not going to lose this game" was something special to see. There is no doubt in my mind that when he makes up his mind to go score there isn't anyone who will stop him. That game winning shot he made tonight is what special players do and I am the biggest idiot alive for having an iPhone 6 and not video recording those final 2.1 seconds. #PP92isstupid

 

Keagan Hinkle provided a spark and good offense off the bench once again to help provide some stability on offense. His ability to get to the rim has improved and he still has the capability to knock down shots from deep as well. His value to the team in his role is huge and that can't be stated enough.

 

Colton Elkins had 11 blocks in all, 8 at halftime. The game changed considerably when Elkins went to the bench early in the 3rd with 3 fouls. With Elkins out of the game Andrew Taylor was able to score in the paint with ease. I guarantee Elkins' presence in the paint costs opposing teams about 20 points a game once you figure in blocks he has combined with shots affected by his post presence.

 

Andrew Taylor is a smooth and crafty player who managed to get buckets or make the right play when Corbin needed it the most. He is going to have a fine career at Corbin and will be a fun one to follow. It is clear how he makes that team go and how important he is to their success.

 

 

I hope that Boyle County has learned from tonight's game. I guess we'll see tomorrow when we take on Whitley County.

  • Author
I agree, but usually the team that shoots about 3 times as many outside jump shots as the other team does not go to the line as often either. I also haven't seen any Boyle fans mention that the time keeper neglected to start the clock on the last possession of the game, probably the longest 2 seconds ever recorded.:lol2:

 

Very very true. And that fact was not lost on the team. :D

 

As a scoreboard operator all I can say is that I know his struggle.

 

I will say that we took and missed a ton of jump shots tonight. It also seemed like the only person who was able to draw fouls off of penetration was Hinkle when he penetrated. Robbins, Bean, Tyler and Bell had a hard time getting calls in the paint tonight. It makes it easier to settle for jumpers when they should keep attacking the basket.

I agree, but usually the team that shoots about 3 times as many outside jump shots as the other team does not go to the line as often either. I also haven't seen any Boyle fans mention that the time keeper neglected to start the clock on the last possession of the game, probably the longest 2 seconds ever recorded.:lol2:

 

Fouls occur in many different aspects of a game, not just on field goal attempts: handling the ball, rebounding, offensive fouls, ect. It also doesn't mean that an official(s) didn't call against a particular player. As referenced earlier, it sounds like Elkins was benched with 3 fouls. Boyle is an entirely different defensive team with him out of the game as the number of blocks would highlight.

 

Again, I wasn't at the game, and I'm not saying the officiating was bad. I'm simply pointing out a flawed logic in a correlation between equal foul shots and good officiating.

The way I've heard you tell it the referees don't make a difference. How embarrassing! A last second three to beat a team like Corbin?

 

First said : "Boyle will be way too athletic for this team. They will win, easily, by 15 (+)."

 

Truth said: "Boyle by double figures, should win easy"

 

BL6 says some people eating some crow!

BL6 I'm going to tell you like it is. I'm about sick and tired of you always bashing our program . Don't you have anything better to do in Wayne Co then to sit around and worry about what Boyle Co is doing. If I was you I wouldn't be saying much bc your team has already got there tails whipped twice this season but you don't see Boyle Co fans jumping on your post and saying stuff. I have nothing but respect for coach woods and Wayne Co program. As for you , I have no respect for. And if I knew who you were I would let you know it to your face.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.