Lexington Catholic 65 Mercy 47

Nope. There are a lot of boys teams they would beat. Not the top ranked teams in the state but I would say they could beat over 50% of the boys teams in the state.

I completely disagree with you but that subject probably needs its own thread.For right now we should perhaps agree to disagree and congratulate Catholic on a job well done.

Nope. There are a lot of boys teams they would beat. Not the top ranked teams in the state but I would say they could beat over 50% of the boys teams in the state.

LBC, this is an interesting topic, and one sure to be controversial. I have several friends who believe that the NCAA women’s basketball champion year in and year out would lose to the Kentucky high school boy’s basketball champion. They believe that the boys are too quick, too strong, and jump too high. As evidence, they cite the University of Tennessee women’s basketball team. This team has won a number of national championships, and is generally in the top five in the nation in women’s basketball. The team scrimmages against male students at the University of Tennessee who played high school basketball. None of these male students were good enough to make a college basketball team. Yet, it has been written that the males often win the scrimmages. Thus, the best women’s basketball team in the nation many years is unable to consistently beat a group of boys who are not good enough to play college basketball. Here, you are comparing high school girls with high school boys. Can you give specific examples? What high school boy’s basketball teams in Kentucky this year do you specifically believe the Lexington Catholic girls would defeat? Also, do you have the heights of the Lexington Catholic girl’s basketball starters? My friends would probably argue that the Lexington Catholic girls could not beat a good boys high school freshman team.:D

LBC, this is an interesting topic, and one sure to be controversial. I have several friends who believe that the NCAA women’s basketball champion year in and year out would lose to the Kentucky high school boy’s basketball champion. They believe that the boys are too quick, too strong, and jump too high. As evidence, they cite the University of Tennessee women’s basketball team. This team has won a number of national championships, and is generally in the top five in the nation in women’s basketball. The team scrimmages against male students at the University of Tennessee who played high school basketball. None of these male students were good enough to make a college basketball team. Yet, it has been written that the males often win the scrimmages. Thus, the best women’s basketball team in the nation many years is unable to consistently beat a group of boys who are not good enough to play college basketball. Here, you are comparing high school girls with high school boys. Can you give specific examples? What high school boy’s basketball teams in Kentucky this year do you specifically believe the Lexington Catholic girls would defeat? Also, do you have the heights of the Lexington Catholic girl’s basketball starters? My friends would probably argue that the Lexington Catholic girls could not beat a good boys high school freshman team.:D

I agree that there are very few boys high school teams that the girls' state champion could beat; too much athleticism and size from the boys. In fact, their only chance would be to play stall-ball, which is not their game.

I do believe that the Lex Cath girls could probably beat most boys freshman teams.

A few years back, the last time the girls team won the state prior to these past 2 years, the boys 8th grade team use to scrimmage them quite a bit. Now this was LexCath's boys 8th grade team and they would beat the girls pretty bad. I'm talking 25-30 points bad. That girls team was not quite up to par as this team maybe, but they were still pretty dang good. We thought it would help the boys more than the girls, but it just the other way around. That boys team was pretty talented to say the least, but, never the less, they were just 8th graders.

A few years back, the last time the girls team won the state prior to these past 2 years, the boys 8th grade team use to scrimmage them quite a bit. Now this was LexCath's boys 8th grade team and they would beat the girls pretty bad. I'm talking 25-30 points bad. That girls team was not quite up to par as this team maybe, but they were still pretty dang good. We thought it would help the boys more than the girls, but it just the other way around. That boys team was pretty talented to say the least, but, never the less, they were just 8th graders.

Last year the boys LC 8th graders scrimmaged the girls varsity prior to the State tournament. They could not beat the boys starters in the 8th grade. They could beat the 3rd string.

A bit suprised at the margin but these girls were playing great when I saw them at the region. Their diversity of youth and experience seems to be a solid factor that helps keep them active and tenacious on defense while still controlled and poised on offense. The two sophmores might be the best prospects on this team right now in my opinion.

Anyone got stats by the way?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would be willing to wager that they would lose handily to 99% of the high school boys teams in this state.