Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Assistant Coaches in Waiting

Featured Replies

I thought that there was a thread on this topic in the past but I wasn't able to find it, perhaps I am just imagining things. After watching NKY football the last few years it seems that there are a lot of really good high school coaches. Staffs that are building programs and maintaining success year in and year out. As my old head coach always told me when I played, a head coach is only as good as his staff, I wanted to ask this question:

 

Who are some of the assistant coaches around NKY who are prepared or close to ready to become a head coach? I guess I am wondering who are some of the top assistants in the area, and how long until you think they would become a head coach?

 

I will start out with Woolf at Ryle. I think he definitely has the chance to become a head coach if it is something he was willing to do. He has been at Ryle for what seems like forever, and I don't know him personally, just know he is a heck of a coach and has interviewed for the job at Ryle before. Who are some others?

I would think that coaching mobility would be limited to the availability of teaching or admin positions that fits a coaches day job skill set. You just don't find too many day jobs that leave you available from 2:30 - 6:00 every day to coach. Your day job almost has to be at the same school you are coaching at.

I suggest as people list candidates, they also list if the candidate is a teacher. I see that as a big factor at many schools with most, if not all, schools preferring the football head coach be a teacher.

I suggest as people list candidates, they also list if the candidate is a teacher. I see that as a big factor at many schools with most, if not all, schools preferring the football head coach be a teacher.

 

 

I am not sure if he is interested in being a head coach anymore since he has a young daughter and a newborn boy, but Jason Lynch (RB coach and teacher at HHS) has been a successful head coach in Ohio in the past. I've had the opportunity to talk with him a few times and his knowledge of the game is incredible. I had heard that Ryle was interested in him before hiring their current head coach, but a teaching position at the school was not available.

  • Author
I am not sure if he is interested in being a head coach anymore since he has a young daughter and a newborn boy, but Jason Lynch (RB coach and teacher at HHS) has been a successful head coach in Ohio in the past. I've had the opportunity to talk with him a few times and his knowledge of the game is incredible. I had heard that Ryle was interested in him before hiring their current head coach, but a teaching position at the school was not available.

 

Definitely a qualified candidate. Very intelligent about the game, and have heard is also great with the kids. Wonder if the family would be a reason as to not take the job. Keep them coming people. Any young coaches out there that might be ready for the upgrade to head coach?

Dave Simpson at Scott high school has the qualities to be an excellent head coach.

Who are other assistants that would make good head coaches? What about schools that have a a good turn around like Newport? Or schools with continued success like SK, Dixie, Highlands? Or school that have struggled like Dayton, Brossart, Holmes? Any quality assistant coaches at these programs?

Bosse at Dixie?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.