Congrats!!: Ally Niece Freshman of Simon Kenton reaches 1000 point club

Guess I don't understand the rules clearly. She played Varsity as a middle schooler for Scott and is now playing Varsity at SK as a Frosh?

Playing Varsity at Scott didn't lock her in there? I guess I could see it if she was going private school to private- or private to public. But public to public?

Transfer rules only trigger once one gets varsity time as a freshmen (or later).

Guess I don't understand the rules clearly. She played Varsity as a middle schooler for Scott and is now playing Varsity at SK as a Frosh? Playing Varsity at Scott didn't lock her in there? I guess I could see it if she was going private school to private- or private to public. But public to public?

Public and private are not factors.

CVH did the same.

Scoring 1,000 points is quite an accomplishment and congratulations to her, but the 900 and something she scored prior to SK shouldn't count towards her points at SK for the record books, whereas players such as Abby Owings and Chelsea Tolliver earned all of their points at one school. I'm sure she'll score just as many at SK since she has all 4 years of high school left.

Scoring 1' date='000 points is quite an accomplishment and congratulations to her, but the 900 and something she scored prior to SK shouldn't count towards her points at SK for the record books, whereas players such as Abby Owings and Chelsea Tolliver earned all of their points at one school. I'm sure she'll score just as many at SK since she has all 4 years of high school left.[/quote']

I am sure they do not count towards SK records.

Public and private are not factors.

CVH did the same.

Yeah- I remember that- wasn't crazy about that either frankly. I know the circumstances there, were that Villa Madonna walked into the situation with eyes wide open- knowing full well CVH had no intention of attending high School at Villa.

I wonder, was Scott under the same type of knowledge- ie: that she would eventually be attending SK?

I remember the story of Racke attending a Cov Cath open house as an 8th grader and the SK basketball coaches essentially telling him that he wouldn't have any chance of playing on the SK Frosh or JV team if he entertained ideas about attending Cov Cath- which I don't disagree with BTW. Why invest time- and worse- take away time from someone else- if they aren't going to matriculate to your High School?

Yeah- I remember that- wasn't crazy about that either frankly. I know the circumstances there, were that Villa Madonna walked into the situation with eyes wide open- knowing full well CVH had no intention of attending high School at Villa.

I wonder, was Scott under the same type of knowledge- ie: that she would eventually be attending SK?

I remember the story of Racke attending a Cov Cath open house as an 8th grader and the SK basketball coaches essentially telling him that he wouldn't have any chance of playing on the SK Frosh or JV team if he entertained ideas about attending Cov Cath- which I don't disagree with BTW. Why invest time- and worse- take away time from someone else- if they aren't going to matriculate to your High School?

How many athletes that do not attend parochial schools in grade and middle school end up attending catholic schools? Kind of a double standard here? Had Ally Neice ended up at NDA, would you be making the same comment?

How many athletes that do not attend parochial schools in grade and middle school end up attending catholic schools? Kind of a double standard here? Had Ally Neice ended up at NDA, would you be making the same comment?

Your not understanding what I said at all- I'm not a fan of anyone (public, parochial or otherwise) playing up from middle school to high school, then choosing to attend and to play that sport at another high school.

So yes- had she ended up at NDA (or St Henry, or NCC for that matter) I would be making that same comment.

Your not understanding what I said at all- I'm not a fan of anyone (public, parochial or otherwise) playing up from middle school to high school, then choosing to attend and to play that sport at another high school.

So yes- had she ended up at NDA (or St Henry, or NCC for that matter) I would be making that same comment.

I am not familiar with Kenton Co.'s open enrollment so forgive me if this is incorrect and someone can correct me. If she lived in Scott's district before freshman year, wouldn't she have had to play for them if she wanted to play up?

I am not familiar with Kenton Co.'s open enrollment so forgive me if this is incorrect and someone can correct me. If she lived in Scott's district before freshman year, wouldn't she have had to play for them if she wanted to play up?

I don't believe so. Middle schools can feed multiple high schools, so she could have played at any of the three KC High Schools. BTW, SK had the exact same circumstances occur with a kid named Kennedy Baugh. She got varsity minutes with SK as a middle schooler and ended up choosing to go to NDA.

I think you're right. Did they know she was going to SK all along or was it a surprise. And either answer can bring scrutiny to one side of the argument or the other.

If Scott knew she was going to SK, then shame on them for bringing her up and trying to develop her instead of another kid already in their program. Basically taking someone else's spot and Scott in a sense "using" her for all they could get out of her while they had her.

If they didn't know and they felt she was going to Scott and then the rug was pulled from under them, well then shame on the family. They used Scott to allow her to play up and then ditched them. Again, taking the spot of someone else they could have developed for 3 years.

I'm not taking sides or saying it went one way or another...I have no idea really other than reading on here. However, that's where the issues are with this and any other "move up and then leave" is.

I don't believe so. Middle schools can feed multiple high schools, so she could have played at any of the three KC High Schools. BTW, SK had the exact same circumstances occur with a kid named Kennedy Baugh. She got varsity minutes with SK as a middle schooler and ended up choosing to go to NDA.

why?