Simon Kenton Ryle Preview 12/3

This will be SK's home opener, but 2nd competitive game. This is Ryle's first game. What can we expect from the Lady Raiders this year? SK is young, but talented. A completely different team from the past 3 years. I suspect SK may be a little sharper, having already played one game. Thoughts?

SK by 15+. Don't see this being much of a game.

Agree and here is my reasoning. I expect a high scoring game. SK has a much better point guard than Ryle does and Ryle has been unimpressive in either of their 2 scrimmages. SK has already traveled to region favorite Shelby Co. and come out with a huge win which might make them the new favorite. Time will tell but I don't see Ryle keeping up in this one.

Agree and here is my reasoning. I expect a high scoring game. SK has a much better point guard than Ryle does and Ryle has been unimpressive in either of their 2 scrimmages. SK has already traveled to region favorite Shelby Co. and come out with a huge win which might make them the new favorite. Time will tell but I don't see Ryle keeping up in this one.

I would not get too excited about SK just yet. When I read that they forced a lot of turnovers, but only scored in the 50's, this tells me that they are not converting the turnovers into points. This was a major deficiency of the previous SK teams which was exposed in different years by Anderson and Walton respectively. If this program wants to get the state tournament, they need to be consistent in converting turnovers in to points.

Finish! Finish! Finish!

I wouldn't count Ryle out just yet. They return 4 starters that were sophomores last year. They lost one senior and she will most likely be replaced by her backup that is now a JR. That starting 5 have played in competitive AAU together for the Shining Stars as long as I can remember. They have a 5'9" shooting guard and two athletic 6 footers. Just about all 5 starters are getting some college looks.

I have know idea the outcome this one and I was impressed by SK's margin of victory against SC, but I wouldn't overlook Ryle!

Based on the bold above, can't imagine you saw Ryle vs Assumtion..All scrimmages are the game within the game..First 7 to 8 minutes of each half saw Ryle jump out to 14 to 7 and 15 to 8 lead..they moved the ball well and played stand out defense, including holding a 6'6 D1 committed senior scoreless in the "first quarter".

What key players does Ryle have returning? What style of offense do they run? How deep is their rotation?

According to 1apr.com, Ryle will not have 4 returning starters on the floor; has the shortest frontcourt in NKY; can't play great defense; doesn't have a strong bench support well tested from AAU experience and doesn't have several players capable of double figures that are used to playing together..Therefore Madman's blow out prediction is likely...#itmightbeoppositeday

Based on the bold above, can't imagine you saw Ryle vs Assumtion..All scrimmages are the game within the game..First 7 to 8 minutes of each half saw Ryle jump out to 14 to 7 and 15 to 8 lead..they moved the ball well and played stand out defense, including holding a 6'6 D1 committed senior scoreless in the "first quarter".

Assumption is a team Ryle should absolutely dominate IMO.