Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clay County 65 Pulaski County 64 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Pulaski has at least four still playing football. Farmer and Smith played good for Clay and Pulaski was led by Sean Ross with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Pulaski should be some what better when the football players join the team and give them some depth.

Pulaski has at least four still playing football. Farmer and Smith played good for Clay and Pulaski was led by Sean Ross with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Pulaski should be some what better when the football players join the team and give them some depth.

 

Agreed. Pulaski has a lot of length on their team. They have the talent to be a nice team. They should only improve as the season progresses.

Whistled for 50 fouls? They must have had 4 or 5 guys foul out at least.

 

 

Poor Clay County, they've never, in the history of the school, been able to catch a break from the stripes.

First time I've ever seem a coach get teed up in a scrimmage. Marcum came real close to getting the boot.

 

Saw a coach get 3 at the KBA once in a summer game. After the 2nd he goes, "it's a summer game, where are you going to send me?"

They did not let anyone foul out in this scrimmage.I know some of Clay County's players had seven fouls. One player had four in the first half. It would have been played differently if players could foul out.

Poor Clay County, they've never, in the history of the school, been able to catch a break from the stripes.

 

But 50 fouls? We got called for 30 last night in our varsity game, and it seemed like the other team did nothing BUT shoot free throws all night, and we had 2 kids foul out with several others having 4 fouls. They had to have 6 or 7 kids foul out with 50 fouls, but I haven't heard yet how many actually did fouled out.

They did not let anyone foul out in this scrimmage.I know some of Clay County's players had seven fouls. One player had four in the first half. It would have been played differently if players could foul out.

 

No offence to anyone...but if that was the case, then to me that's a ridiculous setup for a high school scrimmage game. Summer time, sure do that all you want, but not a week before the season starts.

No offence to anyone...but if that was the case, then to me that's a ridiculous setup for a high school scrimmage game.

 

I've never been at a scrimmage where this wasn't the case. Last night's freshman scrimmage between Boyle County and Nelson County is the first one I have been at where the clock was ran just like a real game. Usually scrimmages are 10 minute quarters, sometimes a running clock and the score resets every quarter. How can anyone foul out of a game that is reset every quarter?

I've never been at a scrimmage where this wasn't the case. Last night's freshman scrimmage between Boyle County and Nelson County is the first one I have been at where the clock was ran just like a real game. Usually scrimmages are 10 minute quarters, sometimes a running clock and the score resets every quarter. How can anyone foul out of a game that is reset every quarter?

 

I've seen many schools do "game" scrimmages, especially right before opening the season, where everything is done just like a regular game. All up to the individual schools I know. I just figured this scrimmage was done to game conditions, but turns out I was mistaken. No wonder Clay could commit 50 fouls and not worry about it.

I've seen many schools do "game" scrimmages, especially right before opening the season, where everything is done just like a regular game. All up to the individual schools I know. I just figured this scrimmage was done to game conditions, but turns out I was mistaken. No wonder Clay could commit 50 fouls and not worry about it.

 

 

They're all different. That's why it's so hard to take too much stock into any of the scrimmage results.

They're all different. That's why it's so hard to take too much stock into any of the scrimmage results.

 

Very true. Hard to put a game like this one in perspective with it being played the way it was.

  • Author

Farmer had 5 fouls in first quarter and smith had 4. It was ridiculous. And no one fouled out but yes 3 or 4 players had at least 7 fouls

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.