McCracken County/Manual Predictions

redleg13

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Manual
    • McCracken Co.

Remember Nero's injury was a slight tear not a total reconstruction. He has been working for weeks just waiting to make his return and trust me when he does it will be 100% and on a mission. Trust me when I tell you this Manual team is not looking past McCracken and is as focused as I have seen this group in the two years I have been watching them. Nero or not, they will show up, be prepared for the Air Raid Offense (#1 in the state I think, if not top 5 for sure), and give all they got for 4 quarters, this team will not quit and seems to get stronger as the game goes on. Wish the best of luck to both teams Friday but like Duncan McCloud always said "There can be only one".

Air Raid? So they threw for 471 on Male because they couldn't run on them (-28). I agree that's outstanding on the #1 team in the state but other than that they had one game over 200 yards against PRP. Most the other games were in the 85-120 range.

Manual per game averages (rush 149 pass 157) looks like a balanced offense to me. I don't think 157 ypg would be in the top 5. I'm more impressed statistically by their yards allowed. Very impressed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson killed mc up front moved the ball all night but turned it over 6 times and still had the ball late 3 rd quarter down just 9. Henderson would get killed by dm even if they didn't turn the ball over. I would love to see Henderson beat trinity too but not even going to be a good game. MC vs DM should be a good game but DM would win 19 out 20.

Going to be a good game but McCracken would lose 19 out 20? Sounds like you are saying Manual will kill McCracken up front and move the ball, Ram says Manual is an AirRaid offense, and apparently all the intangibles will be in favor of Manual too. Because a matchup producing a "good game" winning "19 out 20" would be unprobable for either team. Sounds like you would consider this the upset of the year if McCracken could pull it out.:up:

I'm afraid Mc fans just don't understand 6-a football just yet. Not only dose Manuel play a lot of guys they are good players.

Not sure who warranted the above statement. Maybe some don't understand the McCracken County fans and what they understand. We kept up with 6A football while watching 2A,3A, and 4A at the respective county schools. What's so hard to understand when they call it the SuperDistrict?

Air Raid? So they threw for 471 on Male because they couldn't run on them (-28). I agree that's outstanding on the #1 team in the state but other than that they had one game over 200 yards against PRP. Most the other games were in the 85-120 range.

Manual per game averages (rush 149 pass 157) looks like a balanced offense to me. I don't think 157 ypg would be in the top 5. I'm more impressed statistically by their yards allowed. Very impressed.

Ram was saying Manual was prepared for the Air Raid offense in reference to McCracken County, I believe.

You are correct in your assessment, Manual is a team that will attempt to take what you give them, and that is what occurred against Male. Hard to run against a +2 count in the box, so they went to the air. It should be a great game, Manuals defense is like a small college team with a very good scheme that puts their stars in position to make great plays. They don't allow much in terms of yards or points. They have 4 shutouts, give up an average of 9.3 points per game, have not given up 100 yards rushing in a game this year, are giving up a total of 143 yards total offense per game, and have recorded 8 safeties, and 2 defensive touchdowns. They could improve on their takeaways.

Sorry for the confusion, villecoach cleared it up for me. I think McCracken will be the best Non Super District team they will face this year. If you place MCC in the bottom bracket the would run thru it like a hot knife thru butter. The top bracket is loaded. Who ever comes out of it will be battle tested for sure and will have to fight the let down of playing a lesser opponent (my opinion) in BG. My 2 cents.

If Alexander is out for McCracken and not lurking in the backfield it will be harder to disrupt the Manual pass game.

I agree, would love to see Morgan back on both sides. The secondary is good against the pass so adding him is a bonus. Morgan had 2 interceptions at PT then got hurt the next week against Mayfied. McCracken ended the season with 23 int's with 4 of them pick6. I don't think Manual relies on the deep pass, so I think Tyce Daniel could be pivotal. Especially if they use a more conservative passing game on the perimeter. If so, the DB's need to be ready to adjust and not play off the ball so much like they did against Henderson. I'd rather the Mustangs risk giving up a big play then to see Manual throw for easy wide open 6 yards every pass.

Last year the super district gave up 16 pts in the first round and that trinity who had a 49-00 lead before giving up the 16. Super teams have to much size at every position. Kobe carter for Henderson is a great play marker but undersized he had over 100 yards vs Mc and we only have one wide out.