Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Football Week 10 Rankings

Featured Replies

You make it sound like Dixie snuck in a win. That was total domination from the kick off. I would argue that Dixie out played SK at every position in that game.

 

Sorry UK, but I have to agree with the bold. No other way to put it. HOWEVER, I am in the camp that the next game will be much closer. I agree that the coaching staff did not make many in game adjustments for SK. I think they kept trying the same thing and kept getting burnt! There were no second tier defenders at all for SK and it seemed like Dixie just ran away from Deaton all night. I think the SK coaches see that and make necessary adjustment. Also, SK moved the ball against Dixie, but had drives stall on them in the first half. And I think the SK kids hung their heads when they got down.

 

Not saying the outcome won't be exactly the same, but if they make adjustments and the kids come back with fire like I think they will, I think this will actually be a very good game if they both make it back to each other.

 

If I'm SK, I work on mid-range middle of the field passing attack (can't rely on throwing the sideline pass to Winkler all night) and put Deaton in the middle of the field and let him roam and shadow Moore. Let him blow up every running play. Doesn't have to make every tackle, just blow them up.

 

I just wouldn't be surprised to see a much closer game.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I said Dixie got one. Life goes on SK is ready for a run to the state finals!

 

You didn't say Dixie got one, you said SK let them have it. Two completely different statements.

Sorry UK, but I have to agree with the bold. No other way to put it. HOWEVER, I am in the camp that the next game will be much closer. I agree that the coaching staff did not make many in game adjustments for SK. I think they kept trying the same thing and kept getting burnt! There were no second tier defenders at all for SK and it seemed like Dixie just ran away from Deaton all night. I think the SK coaches see that and make necessary adjustment. Also, SK moved the ball against Dixie, but had drives stall on them in the first half. And I think the SK kids hung their heads when they got down.

 

Not saying the outcome won't be exactly the same, but if they make adjustments and the kids come back with fire like I think they will, I think this will actually be a very good game if they both make it back to each other.

 

If I'm SK, I work on mid-range middle of the field passing attack (can't rely on throwing the sideline pass to Winkler all night) and put Deaton in the middle of the field and let him roam and shadow Moore. Let him blow up every running play. Doesn't have to make every tackle, just blow them up.

 

I just wouldn't be surprised to see a much closer game.

There was a 16 yard TD run right at Deaton. He was blocked very well the hole game. Kid does have a motor. I agree if they meet again it will be a closer game.

In the Dixie/SK game SK never made any adjustments on defense at all. I think if they play again in the playoffs SK will be ready to stop Dixie.

In the Dixie/SK game SK never made any adjustments on defense at all. I think if they play again in the playoffs SK will be ready to stop Dixie.

What about on offense? What small adjustments are they going to make?

Wow Grant County fans have to be ready to just slit their throats.

 

It very well could kill the program.

I admit to an ignorance about Grant Co's program. Could they go the way of Pendleton Co?

There was a 16 yard TD run right at Deaton. He was blocked very well the hole game. Kid does have a motor. I agree if they meet again it will be a closer game.

 

Okay, just saying that I would have their best and biggest guy not tied up on one side or the other. SK must use what they have to disrupt Dixie... "Business as usual" didn't work! Not saying that's the answer, it's just where I would start on Defense.

What about on offense? What small adjustments are they going to make?

 

I think two things...they need to convert the 3rd and shorts (and some 4ths) that they didn't in that game. (tons of credit to Dixie there). And if they don't, they can't hang their heads. And I strongly feel that if they could come up with a couple pass plays over the middle, it would free them up for the stuff they really like to do. Honestly, IMO, if you take away Winkler on the sidlines and don't let anyone get behind you, you shut down SK's passing game. I'm not sure (other than Racke scrambling) that I've seen them throw any pass other that deep or to the sidelines. I admit you don't have to do anything different against some of the opponents they play, but you do have to have other options when teams are able to stop one or two things. Dixie did that. If SK would make teams "defend the entire field" better, IMO, they could be very dangerous. I don't know if they can or not. Maybe Racke is a year away from that. Because if they could, the linebackers can't sneak up to help on Powell and the corners can't over play for the quick hitter.

I said Dixie got one. Life goes on SK is ready for a run to the state finals!

YOU DID NOT! You said SK "LET THEM" have one. Big difference! You trashed your beloved program with a few words.

I think two things...they need to convert the 3rd and shorts (and some 4ths) that they didn't in that game. (tons of credit to Dixie there). And if they don't, they can't hang their heads. And I strongly feel that if they could come up with a couple pass plays over the middle, it would free them up for the stuff they really like to do. Honestly, IMO, if you take away Winkler on the sidlines and don't let anyone get behind you, you shut down SK's passing game. I'm not sure (other than Racke scrambling) that I've seen them throw any pass other that deep or to the sidelines. I admit you don't have to do anything different against some of the opponents they play, but you do have to have other options when teams are able to stop one or two things. Dixie did that. If SK would make teams "defend the entire field" better, IMO, they could be very dangerous. I don't know if they can or not. Maybe Racke is a year away from that. Because if they could, the linebackers can't sneak up to help on Powell and the corners can't over play for the quick hitter.

Looks like SK had trips out there most of the game. They were trying to spread out Dixies D. Problem Dixies fromt 4 controlled the line. So the LBs could make Muti plays.

Looks like SK had trips out there most of the game. They were trying to spread out Dixies D. Problem Dixies fromt 4 controlled the line. So the LBs could make Muti plays.

The key to the D line play is #76 taking a double team on every play. SK started out not doing that but quickly realized they had to.

I admit to an ignorance about Grant Co's program. Could they go the way of Pendleton Co?

 

They had talked about it and then for some reason decided not to, (or was told not too) never got the full story.

1. Highalands

2. Dixie

 

The rest is murky. The bottom line is, who will advance in post-season. Does Dixie have what it takes to make it beyond the regional finals? Does SK's soph qb get it done in playoffs. Does Beechwood get past mayfield? These are questions that can be answered in the next month. The only thing we know for sure, 1 and 2 is obvious for NKY.

1. Highalands

2. Dixie

 

The rest is murky. The bottom line is, who will advance in post-season. Does Dixie have what it takes to make it beyond the regional finals? Does SK's soph qb get it done in playoffs. Does Beechwood get past mayfield? These are questions that can be answered in the next month. The only thing we know for sure, 1 and 2 is obvious for NKY.

I think the most intriguing run will be class 1A this year. Can Beechwood finally get the monkey off their back and beat Mayfield before Mayfield moves to class 2A next year? This may be their last shot but they have to get there first.

 

They have the talent to get there, the question is though will they be able to get there?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.