Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terrorist Attack around Canadian Parliament

Featured Replies

Stop letting Muslims in our country, revoke every single visa and get rid of them. This is only way to slow or stop it.

This isn't 1800 anymore, we don't need more people.

The only land of opportunity this is now is a land of opportunity for terrorist to come here and kill.

Stop letting Muslims in our country, revoke every single visa and get rid of them. This is only way to slow or stop it.

This isn't 1800 anymore, we don't need more people.

The only land of opportunity this is now is a land of opportunity for terrorist to come here and kill.

 

Because all Muslims are terrorists and all Christians are not.

You'd have to be an expert marksman to hit someone for Devue Park inside the Bengals stadium' date=' a very good one at that. Fortunately most radacilists are not capable of that type of range. I suppose if you had a large congregation of people anyone with a .308 could do it though.[/quote']

One specific person? Yes, difficult. To just start shooting a couple dozen rounds or 100s of rounds and hope to hit anyone that you can? Not too difficult.

Because all Muslims are terrorists and all Christians are not.

 

In the last year name a time a Christian has done this type of attacks?

 

Not all Muslims are terrorist but by gosh it sure seems they are.

 

I don't know any Christian churches that preach hate and suicide bombing or killing innocent people in the name of God.

In the last year name a time a Christian has done this type of attacks?

 

Not all Muslims are terrorist but by gosh it sure seems they are.

 

I don't know any Christian churches that preach hate and suicide bombing or killing innocent people in the name of God.

 

It depends on how one labels a "Christian" or "Muslim," but (I'm just playing devil's advocate, I don't consider him a Christian) but wasn't Hitler a Christian?

 

There needs to be something done about the terrorist attacks. Expelling a whole group of people is not the answer. I am not smart enough to know the answer. But why punish all for the actions of few?

Maybe CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhod could condem, but I'm sure they are so happy this is happening.

 

I say get rid of them all.

In the last year name a time a Christian has done this type of attacks?

 

Wait a second....why does only "the last year" take precedence here? I think we should go tit for tat throughout all of world history and see if it's Christianity or Islam that has ended more lives in the name of their religions. I think you'll see that it's Christianity that wins hands down.

 

Your statement about stopping Muslims from entering our country and "getting rid of them" being the only way to slow or stop "it" shows a pure lack of understanding.

One specific person? Yes, difficult. To just start shooting a couple dozen rounds or 100s of rounds and hope to hit anyone that you can? Not too difficult.

 

I agree to an extent, but it would still be difficult from that range I believe. I don't claim to be familiar with that area, but my wife lived in the hills and I have visited the park. I have qualified as expert marksman and can tell you the distance from there is a lot farther than it looks from the natural eye.

 

To shoot the number of rounds your talking about you would either need a team or an assault rifle. An assault riffle wouldnt be accurate at that range. A team, it seems would be noticed beforehand. But I've only been to the park a few times, not sure if there is a way to conceal several people and have a clear shot to the stadium or not. Never thought about that the times I was there. Either way it would be a long shot, even for a well trained shooter. If I were a terrorist I wouldnt rely on an assault rifle to make that shot.

The shooter, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, began his shooting at 9:52am at the Ottowa War Memorial where he shot a 24 year old reservist on the honor guard at the memorial, Corporal Nathan Cirillo. Cirillo later died of his injuries. Zehaf-Bibeau then continued up the street to the main Parliament building, where he entered at 9:54am and exchanged fire with guards inside the building. Zehaf-Bibeau has been confirmed dead, and although there are no official reports of how he died, Parliament member Craig Scott has Tweeted that Kevin Vickers, Sergeant at Arms of the House of Commons, was responsible for shooting the gunman.

 

There were also initial reports of a shooting at the nearby Rideau Centre mall, but those reports have since been confirmed false.

 

Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was a 32-year old Canadian-born man. The name "Zehaf" indicates that he may well be of Algerian descent. Not long after the shooting, an ISIS Twitter account Tweeted the picture below, claiming it to be the Ottowa shooter. There has been no confirmation on whether or not the picture actually is of Zehaf-Bibeau.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47442[/ATTACH]

 

Also, the same Twitter account that first posted the picture of the alleged shooter was also being followed by Martin Couture-Rouleau. Couture-Rouleau was a 25 year old Quebec native who converted to Islam about a year ago. He had reportedly been embracing Islamic extremist attitudes, and had been very vocal about his anger with Canada for their support of US airstrikes against ISIS. This past Monday, October 20th, Couture-Rouleau intentionally ran over two Canadian soldiers, killing one, and leaving the other still hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. After crashing his car in the police chase that followed his hit-and-run, Couture-Rouleau jumped out of his car and came at the police with a knife, and was shot dead in the process.

 

Apparently Zehaf-Bibeau was apparently a Quebec native who converted to Islam roughly a decade ago, and had recently been designated a high-risk traveler by the Canadian government.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.