Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules question

Featured Replies

My first post in the soccer forum, so be gentle.:)

 

Welcome to the dark side BigVMan.......

 

Let me bring you up to speed ....

 

CCH automatically received the one seed and it isn't fair.

Start a thread about Scott boys team or HHS girls team and it will instantly go to 5 pages of replies

Facts have no place in arguments

 

.....and we all miss ScottEagle.

 

Please proceed.

Missed one....

 

While visiting, keep your eye out for Clyde and Tac.......they have also been known to grace us with their presence.

For high school you have to look at the NFHS where they are indeed called "rules" not LOTG and where coaches and bench personnel can, in fact, be carded... but otherwise you're spot on.

 

I stand corrected .. I was looking at FIFA laws.

 

According to NFHS, Rule 12, a yellow card can be issued for:

Entering or leaving field w/o referee permission; persistent infringement of rules; dissent; incidental profane language; unsporting conduct; delays restart; encroachment on free kicks and corner kicks; Coach and bench personnel CAN be carded. (yellow or red) using electronic devices to communicate with players; use of tobacco at game site. Unsporting conduct includes coaching outside of box, faking injury, simulating a foul. Cautioned player must go off, if

subbed for, may return at next opportunity to sub. Coach may be

cautioned for team or bench misconduct that cannot be attributed to a specific player. Coach cautioned if player enters illegally equipped – there- after player w/ illegal equipment is cautioned. Hand ball or foul to prevent goal and ball goes into goal

Delayed or excessive acts to focus attention on player or prohibits timely restart;

 

Red cards can be distributed for:

2nd caution (cannot be replaced); violent conduct; taunting; serious foul play; hand ball to prevent goal if ball does not go into goal; foul against an opponent who is moving toward goal with an obvious opportunity to score; spitting at an opponent, teammate or official; using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures; leaves bench when a fight is taking place. Coach and bench may be carded.

Where were you able to access the high school book. I've never been able to get a hold of one

that doesn't mean the referee was correct in his actions! Which then brings up a whole new conversation (competence of officials) .. seems we've come full circle!!!

 

I stand corrected .. I was looking at FIFA laws.

 

According to NFHS, Rule 12, a yellow card can be issued for:

Entering or leaving field w/o referee permission; persistent infringement of rules; dissent; incidental profane language; unsporting conduct; delays restart; encroachment on free kicks and corner kicks; Coach and bench personnel CAN be carded. (yellow or red) using electronic devices to communicate with players; use of tobacco at game site. Unsporting conduct includes coaching outside of box, faking injury, simulating a foul. Cautioned player must go off, if

subbed for, may return at next opportunity to sub. Coach may be

cautioned for team or bench misconduct that cannot be attributed to a specific player. Coach cautioned if player enters illegally equipped – there- after player w/ illegal equipment is cautioned. Hand ball or foul to prevent goal and ball goes into goal

Delayed or excessive acts to focus attention on player or prohibits timely restart;

 

Red cards can be distributed for:

2nd caution (cannot be replaced); violent conduct; taunting; serious foul play; hand ball to prevent goal if ball does not go into goal; foul against an opponent who is moving toward goal with an obvious opportunity to score; spitting at an opponent, teammate or official; using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures; leaves bench when a fight is taking place. Coach and bench may be carded.

 

Trust me, the ref that gave the card is typically not right in many of his decisions. In my case, he was right in that coaches can be carded but I will contend to the day I die that I did nothing to warrant a card, much less the one that was given.

  • Author
Trust me, the ref that gave the card is typically not right in many of his decisions. In my case, he was right in that coaches can be carded but I will contend to the day I die that I did nothing to warrant a card, much less the one that was given.

 

Didn't happen to be an ex-girlfriend refing the match was it?:whistling::)

Didn't happen to be an ex-girlfriend refing the match was it?:whistling::)

 

HAHAH no it was not. Although I don't agree with much of what they say either.

Where were you able to access the high school book. I've never been able to get a hold of one

 

The Rules book (as well as all Rules book published by the National Federation of State High School Associations) is available for purchase at http://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource-content/buy-nfhs-rules-publications/

 

The information I quoted was found at https://www.nfhs.org/media/885680/2014-soccer-guide-interscholastic.pdf. It contains a comparative study of rules and laws of soccer between high school, collegiate and FIFA.

The Rules book (as well as all Rules book published by the National Federation of State High School Associations) is available for purchase at http://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource-content/buy-nfhs-rules-publications/

 

The information I quoted was found at https://www.nfhs.org/media/885680/2014-soccer-guide-interscholastic.pdf. It contains a comparative study of rules and laws of soccer between high school, collegiate and FIFA.

 

 

I've reported this post as offensive......There is absolutely no place in this blog for actual rules and facts !!!!! :sssh:

Are you referring to players taunting fans or fans taunting players?

 

I think the scenario was players taunting the fans.

My first post in the soccer forum, so be gentle.:)

 

Scenario. Team County scores a goal on Team City. 1-0. County players on the field rush over to the sidelines and start taunting the City fans. Ref runs over and throws a yellow card. Questions:

 

1. Who does the yellow card go to? The coach, the players on the field?

2. Can the yellow card go to either/or the coach/team?

3. If it CAN go to all the players on the field...do they ALL have to come off the field?

4. If it CAN go to all the players on the field...if one of those players later receives another yellow to make 2 yellows, would it be just like it normally would and combined be a red, thus ending their day?

 

This discussion came up this morning, have a buddy who's son plays high school soccer and this very scenario could/should have occurred in a game last night, according to him. A team taunted the opposing fans on the sideline after a goal, and he thought a yellow card should have been throw. But if it had been, he wasn't sure how it would count.

 

BigVMan23:

I'm sure your rules question had nothing to do with the Scott V: Bishop match right. I haven't been following the BGP. Very long but long enough to see that most good soccer threads always seem to involve Scott; CCH; and Bishop. Just being real. Nice job trying to disguise the teams.

And welcome to the wonderful world of make beleive.

  • Author
BigVMan23:

I'm sure your rules question had nothing to do with the Scott V: Bishop match right. I haven't been following the BGP. Very long but long enough to see that most good soccer threads always seem to involve Scott; CCH; and Bishop. Just being real. Nice job trying to disguise the teams.

And welcome to the wonderful world of make beleive.

 

Nope, nothing to do with either of those teams. Happened closer to where I am.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.