Controversial Finishes . . . .

Not wanting to pour gas on fire here but I do recall a Championship game several years ago (maybe 20 +) inwhich the game ended as the offense ran out the clock and into endzone. Offensive team was up maybe 4 points.... Player threw ball up in air and then defensive player catches ball in endzone..... Somewhere along the line there was a whistle blown that created all kinds of controversy. Very interesting finish to a game. Can't even remember what two teams were involved . . .

Not wanting to pour gas on fire here but I do recall a Championship game several years ago (maybe 20 +) inwhich the game ended as the offense ran out the clock and into endzone. Offensive team was up maybe 4 points.... Player threw ball up in air and then defensive player catches ball in endzone..... Somewhere along the line there was a whistle blown that created all kinds of controversy. Very interesting finish to a game. Can't even remember what two teams were involved . . .

Beechwood v. Bardstown, I think. Beechwood won as whistle controlled over correct call. Probably appropriate outcome even though a terrible play by the QB to toss the ball when the horn went off.

Meade -vs- Scott County last year. Clearly Scott fumbled with two minutes to go with the score tied. Meade ran the fumble in for a touch down costing them the 6A title. Scott should put an *** on their trophy...or at least send the ref a christmas present.

Meade -vs- Scott County last year. Clearly Scott fumbled with two minutes to go with the score tied. Meade ran the fumble in for a touch down costing them the 6A title. Scott should put an *** on their trophy...or at least send the ref a christmas present.

I remember listening to that one in the radio. I felt bad for both teams. Felt bad for SC winning but with some questioning the validity of it and felt bad for Meade in losing a game they could have won if not for a quick whistle.

Back in 1975 when only 1 team made the playoffs from each district, Corbin and Middlesboro were playing with the championship on the line. Corbin was down by 4 with only seconds left to play with the ball inside the Middlesboro 20 facing 4th down. They throw a fade to the corner of the endzone that the Corbin receiver catches, but the official rules that his feet were out of bounds. The Times Tribune had a front page picture in the paper the next day that shows both feet easily in bounds with the ball cradled against his body, which really caused quite a stink. There was another crazy finish 3 years later involving the same 2 teams that again eliminated an undefeated and #1 ranked Corbin team from making the playoffs.

Corbin is eliminated and Middlesboro goes on to the playoffs and finished runner-up to Scott Co., losing 22-20 in the finals.