14th Region Final: Hazard vs Jackson City?

I can't make a prediction in this game, since I haven't called one right all season! The 14th has been a great Region to watch this year..It has been hard to pick a winner all season! Good luck to both teams..you both have played great to get to this game!!

I hope Jackson City wins, it would be their first trip to the State, whereas Hazard as been 28 times.

Winning the region would be almost like winning the state to a team like Jackson, who have never been. I know, our school has made it to the finals twice....you can almost see the light and glory at the end of the tunnel, but in our case we came up a little short (but I still have sad/mad feelings about the way the '83 finals were officiated, JMO).

Hopefully the Tigers can reach that light tonight. If they do, they'll be celebrating in Jackson for the next three days:dancingpa

Who cares who you play once you get there? Just Do IT!!!

This improbable run by Jackson City reminds me of the 1988 run by Buckhorn to the 14th region title. Buckhorn made it to the region as runner-up in the 54th. I think it might have been their first ever appearance. They got a decent draw (Letcher, I think), then they knocked of a strong Owsley team many thought was the favorite. They defeated Knott Co. on their home floor in the Championship game to win their first of 14th region championship. Could another magical run be completed tonight in Hindman?

I think it is great that two class A schools are in the championship. Since Jackson City has never won it before I think I will be pulling for them. It should be a great game and the gym will be packed. Small schools always bring great crowds.