Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region Final: Hazard vs Jackson City?

Featured Replies

I can't make a prediction in this game, since I haven't called one right all season! The 14th has been a great Region to watch this year..It has been hard to pick a winner all season! Good luck to both teams..you both have played great to get to this game!!

I hope Jackson City wins, it would be their first trip to the State, whereas Hazard as been 28 times.

 

Winning the region would be almost like winning the state to a team like Jackson, who have never been. I know, our school has made it to the finals twice....you can almost see the light and glory at the end of the tunnel, but in our case we came up a little short (but I still have sad/mad feelings about the way the '83 finals were officiated, JMO).

Hopefully the Tigers can reach that light tonight. If they do, they'll be celebrating in Jackson for the next three days:dancingpa

 

Who cares who you play once you get there? Just Do IT!!!

if the tigers do make it to state (hopefully they do) then they will be playing the winner of the 11th region which will probably be Scott county.

Hazard by 10.

Toss up game. Hazard should win the game by a few points but Jackson City seems to be a team of destiny.

Hazard has to be the favorite, but you have to pull for Jackson City, I mean come on! Just like Hoosiers!!!

Does any Jackson fans have any update on Howard's injury? That is very key to tonight's game. Without a healthy Kyle, the going will be rough for the Tigers. With him they have a chance.

It should be another nail-biter...I really hope Jackson wins!

This improbable run by Jackson City reminds me of the 1988 run by Buckhorn to the 14th region title. Buckhorn made it to the region as runner-up in the 54th. I think it might have been their first ever appearance. They got a decent draw (Letcher, I think), then they knocked of a strong Owsley team many thought was the favorite. They defeated Knott Co. on their home floor in the Championship game to win their first of 14th region championship. Could another magical run be completed tonight in Hindman?

Hazard should be the favorite but I have to go with Jackson City. What a great story it would be if Jackson City makes it to the sweet 16.

I think it is great that two class A schools are in the championship. Since Jackson City has never won it before I think I will be pulling for them. It should be a great game and the gym will be packed. Small schools always bring great crowds.

Does anyone have an update?

 

I have tried for 10 minutes to get to the Knott County radio station's website but it's not working for some reason.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.