Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best GK's in NKY

Featured Replies

Wheeling Jesuit a D2 school in West Va.

Maybe Thomas more as well?

 

Thomas More - that might have been it. and yes, Wheeling Jesuit was the other. Sheesh, I heard this at the last coach's meeting. How did you miss that convo?!

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OTB... said Saw Seay again tonight

 

was it Seay Saw or Saw Seay... sorry, just couldn't resist that...

 

I said "you should see Seay, like I saw Seay being seen"

Is Paulin HHS' keep? If so, based on only one game (against CCH), he has skills......POSITIVELY seen his skills...(see what I did there)....but can't comment on consistancy because only saw one game.

 

Grosser is good, but I find myself comparing him to his brother instead of other current keeps....

 

Nick Breslin is the keeper for HHS.

He had 6 straight shut outs vs pretty quality teams. definitely put him as well as Grosser and williams in my top 3.

Here is what I found on riherds... accuracy is not guaranteed. I tried to make sure that this list covers all of the goalies that have been mentioned in this thread.

 

Grosser (NCC) 8

Breslin (HHS) 7

Paulin (BB) 7

Williams (Cooper) 7

Barton (Villa) 6

Bedel (Ryle) 6

Seay (Scott) 6

Benjamin (Boone) 4

Leanhart (SK) 4

Riggs (Dixie) 4

Thanks

Based on stats and strength of schedule who are your top 3

Gave mine in Post #6... Grosser, Seay and Williams.

 

I also think you should look at their Average Goals Allowed, to me, this is just as telling as Shutouts.

Koking at St. Henry has five shutouts and has given up just one goal in the past four games. It's tough to evaluate a keeper based on stats as there are ten players in front of him that can limit the number of opportunities an opponent has to score. Admittedly you have to use something to judge them as seeing all of them is difficult, but a quality defense can certainly help a keeper's stats. I would go Grosser, Seay, and Barton.

Sorry, I left him off my list, looks like he definitely belongs on it,

Gave mine in Post #6... Grosser, Seay and Williams.

 

I also think you should look at their Average Goals Allowed, to me, this is just as telling as Shutouts.

 

I agree.....ONLY if strength of opponents is also in the formula....

 

An example....

 

Villas 6 shutouts are against......Gallatin, Latin, Owen, Latin, Calvary, Walton,

 

Scott's 6 are against.....Ryle, HC, Calvary, Bourbon Cty, Cooper, Dixie........

 

In these two cases....Scott wins hands down....

 

 

 

Oh YEA......and anyone that shuts out CCH gets as many points as shutting out Germany. Remember that blast from the past?

I agree.....ONLY if strength of opponents is also in the formula....

 

An example....

 

Villas 6 shutouts are against......Gallatin, Latin, Owen, Latin, Calvary, Walton,

 

Scott's 6 are against.....Ryle, HC, Calvary, Bourbon Cty, Cooper, Dixie........

 

In these two cases....Scott wins hands down....

 

 

 

Oh YEA......and anyone that shuts out CCH gets as many points as shutting out Germany. Remember that blast from the past?

 

Highlands are against........Boone County, Newport Central Catholic, North Oldham, CCH, Homes, Anderson and Pendleton.

 

I don't think basing a keeper on just shutouts can qualify if he is the "best" or not. Does he communicate with his team? does he have good awareness of his box, shot stopping, stepping off his line. just skills that should determine a good Gk.

Here is what I found on riherds... accuracy is not guaranteed. I tried to make sure that this list covers all of the goalies that have been mentioned in this thread.

 

Grosser (NCC) 8

Breslin (HHS) 7

Paulin (BB) 7

Williams (Cooper) 7

Barton (Villa) 6

Bedel (Ryle) 6

Seay (Scott) 6

Benjamin (Boone) 4

Leanhart (SK) 4

Riggs (Dixie) 4

 

The one goal Brossart/Paulin allowed against Highlands was an own goal. Shoulda/woulda/coulda been 8 SOs for Paulin.

 

He's good, but it's hard to stop the other eleven AND one of your own!

Cooper's keeper, Williams, is hands down the best keeper in nky. 9 shut outs in the regular season, add 2 more in the post season. He has saved 5 or 6 penalties during regulation and another 3 in the shoot-outs against Ryle. He has only 2 multi-goal games which came against Campbell and Scott.

 

Last year Cooper gave up 94 goals and only posted one shut-out. This year they have only given up 11 goals. The defense this year has been playing very well this year and they know if they make a mistake they have Williams to bail them out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.