Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Semis

Featured Replies

It has been a great tournament thus far and pretty decent officiating. With only 4 teams remaining who do you think will leave Holmes Tuesday with the 9th region championship trophy?

My vote goes to the Boone County Lady Rebels!!!!!!!

These games will all be live on ICN6 Monday and Tuesday night as a FYI.

Look for the Newport LadyWildcats to make some noise and win the region. I have seen all the teams play, IMO I really think that Newport's Tamara Sneed is the best player in the Region, and Megan Price is the best three point shooter. If Coach Slone motivates her team and they really turn it loose, there's no stopping the LadyWildcats and their 1-2 punch. Good Luck all Teams, The HD will be there!!!

What a welcome change it would be to see Newport win the Region but in reality I think their chances are slim. I do wish them the best of luck.

What a welcome change it would be to see Newport win the Region but in reality I think their chances are slim. I do wish them the best of luck.

 

Aw gee BIGZIG, I know you are rooting for a Holy Cross vs. NDA final.....with NDA winning......;):D :laugh:

 

I do think that of the two games Monday night the Boone County vs. Holy Cross game should be a great one.

 

While Sneed is the real thing, and Price is good, the Wildcats just don't to me at least have enough fire power or depth, to keep up with NDA, much less Boone or Cov Holy Cross.

 

I really think it might come down to another Catholic School Ninth Region Final, this time instead of CovCath vs NCC it will be Holy Cross vs Notre Dame......

 

Boone while they have the best coach around, are just so young and expecting frosh to carry you at this level is tough.......next year yes, this year..........

 

Good luck to all.......

Aw gee BIGZIG, I know you are rooting for a Holy Cross vs. NDA final.....with NDA winning......;):D :laugh:

 

I do think that of the two games Monday night the Boone County vs. Holy Cross game should be a great one.

 

While Sneed is the real thing, and Price is good, the Wildcats just don't to me at least have enough fire power or depth, to keep up with NDA, much less Boone or Cov Holy Cross.

 

I really think it might come down to another Catholic School Ninth Region Final, this time instead of CovCath vs NCC it will be Holy Cross vs Notre Dame......

 

Boone while they have the best coach around, are just so young and expecting frosh to carry you at this level is tough.......next year yes, this year..........

 

Good luck to all.......

:sssh: Uh yea, I'll be pulling hard for that final game to take place..;)

 

Maybe I'll see you in Lexington..I'll be there for all 4 days..

As much as I'd like to say Boone will win the 9th this year, it's kind of hard due to so much youth on this team. The Boone/HC game should be a good one & hopefully Boone can pull out a win. But even if they do beat HC, ND will come out of the other bracket & will be very hard to beat.

 

Notre Dame wins the region. :cry:

NPT played within 2 of HC in the All A, so I wouldn't say they're not at that level...

I would say NDA takes the region, but IMO all of the pressure is on them because they are supposed to win and it's been that way since Nov/Dec. NDA seems to rely so much on being way ahead and hanging on that if one of these teams can stay within reach when the 4th quarter rolls around things could get very interesting. With all of that talent, anything other than a championship for NDA will be looked at as a failure and their fans will be calling for heads, again.

 

Sneed & Lantry will not want it to end and will do everything they can to carry their teams into the finals.

 

Boone was expected to be in the .500 neighborhood this season after replacing three senior starters, two of which were All-region, with freshman. It appears as though the youngsters haven't figured out that they are not supposed to win. Boone is certainly the underdog of these four and you don't hear that very often.

I would say NDA takes the region, but IMO all of the pressure is on them because they are supposed to win and it's been that way since Nov/Dec. NDA seems to rely so much on being way ahead and hanging on that if one of these teams can stay within reach when the 4th quarter rolls around things could get very interesting. With all of that talent, anything other than a championship for NDA will be looked at as a failure and their fans will be calling for heads, again.

 

Sneed & Lantry will not want it to end and will do everything they can to carry their teams into the finals.

 

Boone was expected to be in the .500 neighborhood this season after replacing three senior starters, two of which were All-region, with freshman. It appears as though the youngsters haven't figured out that they are not supposed to win. Boone is certainly the underdog of these four and you don't hear that very often.

 

Agree with your comments..... I think as much as I hated seening NDA lose to Cov Holy Cross it just might have pushed not only the team but also Coach Darpel to remember that everybody wants to win the 9th Region also, and that you have to play an entire game not just three quarters of one.

 

Again good luck to all and it should be a fun place to be tonight and Tuesday. It is quite unfair that the girls semi-finals didn't have a single article about any of their games tonight in this morning paper.....Hopefully the Ky Post will have some info but I doubt it....What a shame!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.