Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Favorite Rock Instrumentals

Featured Replies

I have a specific section in my music library devoted to nothing but instrumentals, some to just "rock" to while others are relaxing. So what are some of your favorites.

 

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

You owe it to yourself to listen to this.

Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

If you've never heard it, a must!

Eddie Van Halen - 316

Eddie is real smooth on this one.

Neal Schon - 31-91

good stuff from the Journey guitarist

Neal Schon - Big Moon

Jazz influenced piece.

Faith No More - Woodpeckers From Mars

WOW!

Dokken - Mr. Scary

George Lynch can play.
  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

a couple others.....

[video=youtube_share;oidGBiWZ2kY]

  • Author

This one NEVER gets old, from the Double Vision album. The only Foreigner instrumental ever on an album.

 

[video=youtube_share;0V_qwXGnkUc]

  • Author

Almost forgot this one, and I bet no one knew it was done by The Alan Parsons Project.....but EVERONE'S heard it 100's of times.

 

[video=youtube_share;Mp0ZISBYidI]

Off the top of my head:

 

 

Ozric Tentacles - Too many releases to mention

 

If These Trees Could Talk - "Red Forest" & "Above the Earth, Below the Sky"

 

Mogwai - "Rock Action" & "Songs For Happy People"

 

Joe Satriani - "Surfing With The Alien" & "Flying In A Blue Dream"

 

The Grassy Knoll - "III"

 

Mike Oldfield - "Tubular Bells"

 

Subzone - "Paranoid Landscape"

 

Godspeed You Black Emperor - "Lift Your Skinny Fist Like Antennas to Heaven"

Almost forgot this one, and I bet no one knew it was done by The Alan Parsons Project.....but EVERONE'S heard it 100's of times.

 

[video=youtube_share;Mp0ZISBYidI]

I knew. :D

This has to be in just about anyone's list:

 

[video=youtube_share;NIldF-pGUCU]

Almost forgot this one, and I bet no one knew it was done by The Alan Parsons Project.....but EVERONE'S heard it 100's of times.

 

[video=youtube_share;Mp0ZISBYidI]

 

It's on my IPod.

Almost forgot this one, and I bet no one knew it was done by The Alan Parsons Project.....but EVERONE'S heard it 100's of times.

 

[video=youtube_share;Mp0ZISBYidI]

 

You're right... I never realized that this was The Alan Parsons Project. I think I've heard it many times just before a sporting event is about to begin... like the build up to a tip off.

These three are oldies, but absolute classics:

 

 

 

Sleepwalk - Santo and Johnny

 

All cool as they evoke feelings of a certain time, but "Green Onions" is the stand out here for me. There's just always been something about it that screams cool and snazzy.

Y'all remember this one?

 

Technically not a 100% instrumental with this guy yodeling, but close enough.

 

Y'all remember this one?

 

Technically not a 100% instrumental with this guy yodeling, but close enough.

 

 

I still have some of their vinyl.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.